New monitor

Associate
hi,
im looking to buy a new 22" monitor for playing Aion.
I was looking at the...

Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

or the

Samsung P2270 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Im not bothered about viewing angle as i sit straight in front of it.
Which would be best for me - the higher res on the samsung or the ips panel of the Dell ?

oh btw my card is a 8800gt 512mb... thx

Associate
OP
thx for replies guys...

yeah, i know the res is only 1680 x 1050 on the Dell....but a lot of people say having the ips screen makes up for that...thats whats making me confused :confused:

Associate
OP
Have just bought the Dell from OcUK...special offer this week :)

atm im using a Samsung Syncmaster 191T...its lasted me 7 years & its been great...but time to move on i guess

Soldato
I bought the 2209WA for my sister a few months ago. I spend a bit of time on it when I'm back at home (main PC usually at uni) and I can attest that it is a fantastic screen. I am comparing it to my 2709W - and it stands up brilliantly. Agreed, it is a smaller, lower resolution monitor than the s2409w but in my mind it is a question of quality versus quantity. For the sake of 2 inches the 2209WA is definitely worth it.

Soldato
As cmndr_andi has already stated - they're an exceptional monitor and at £185 they're great value. I have two and cannot envisage upgrading for a long time - other than to perhaps buy a third as a luxury item.

Plus, it's an IPS panel so has good: colour reproduction, viewing angles and response times - coupled with DELL customer service which is fantastic (which was a major selling point for me as they drop off your replacement before they take the old one away so you're never without a monitor.)

Back
Top Bottom