*** The Official OcUK Windows 7 Buying Advice Thread ***

Man of Honour
OP
copy and paste from another thread as this one seems the one it should be in, we were talking about the student offer...

are you only allowed one? i'm trying to make sense of what this is but i'm lost :( my brother will be going to uni tomorrow and then have a uni email i assume. at the moment i am using win7 rc and have been since it was released. it's the only os i have. Can he buy the student os for me and another for himself at the discounted price? if not is it possible can he buy me one now, and then in say 6 months buy it again as i know he wont be wanting it now or maybe even ever but just to be safe i don't want to use his chance at a cheaper os.

also will it work for me given I only have win7 rc which will require a fresh install.

edit: if he can't get it for me, then i'll need to but win7 home premium. is the price currently at £66 on ocuk because it's a preoder and once it's released it'll go up in price? at £66 for retail win7 it seems to good to be true??

Last edited:
Associate
are you only allowed one? i'm trying to make sense of what this is but i'm lost my brother will be going to uni tomorrow and then have a uni email i assume. at the moment i am using win7 rc and have been since it was released. it's the only os i have. Can he buy the student os for me and another for himself at the discounted price? if not is it possible he can buy me one now, and then in say 6 months buy it again as i know he wont be wanting it now or maybe even ever but just to be safe i don't want to use his chance at a cheaper os.
Talking about Microsoft's student offer, if it's anything like similar offers it's one purchase per eligible student and the license isn't transferable. So if he passed it on you wouldn't be licensed.

Talking about Microsoft's student offer, if it's anything like similar offers it's one purchase per eligible student and the license isn't transferable. So if he passed it on you wouldn't be licensed.

ok thought it woudl only be for one. but if he decided he doesn't need win7 on his laptop then he could buy it and put it on my machine for when he uses my computer? that is perfectly legal?

Back
Top Bottom