Order of loop

Associate
I know the concenses is it does not mater which order the pump/ Rad / blocks go, but what about the order of the blocks? I have a chip set block, a Mofset block and a CPU block in my loop. I want the CPU to be at its coolest, so does the the CPU block need to be first block in the loop after the rad? Would routing the fluid through the other 2 block before the CPU block result in higher CPU temps?

Cheers

Associate
OP
Thanksguys I know that the water temp just after the rad is the coldest and water just entering the rad is the warmest. I didn't know if the waters ability to remove heat from the block was realted to the temperature of the water entering the block. So say water @ 20degrees flowing through a block at a fixed rate, will remove the same amount of heat from the block as water at 30degrees? Does the order of the blocks really make no differance at all or is the differance is so small as not to worry about.

Associate
It may make a tiny amount of difference, but like other have said, the water temp tends to be pretty much the same at all points in the loop, even after leaving the rad theres barely a noticable difference to when it enters. Much more effective just having a short simple loop with as few tight bends as possible

Don
So say water @ 20degrees flowing through a block at a fixed rate, will remove the same amount of heat from the block as water at 30degrees? Does the order of the blocks really make no differance at all or is the differance is so small as not to worry about.
Water going into a radiator will only be of the order of 1C hotter the water coming out of it.

Back
Top Bottom