The Red Arrows

Caporegime
Well, those of us in Cambridge have been treated to a great ~40 minute display by these guys, always lots of appreciation threads on here for these lot, and its clear to see why. So skillful, and so much fun to watch.

Was nice to see the entire street out in their gardens :).

Soldato
hardly busy for them.

Being based in Bournemouth, I have the pleasure of them arriving / leaving often.

When they display here, they display in Brighton too. It takes them 15 minutes to get from Bournemouth to Brighton.

A good friend of mine owns one, as in, one of the red arrows from around 5 years ago. He made it serviceable again and recently took it across to Cowes. Epic!

Soldato
Normally see them every year at the Sunderland Air Show. I recently watched a documentary on them on the BBC HD channel :) I was supprised to see that they spend most of their time abroad

Associate
hardly busy for them.

Being based in Bournemouth, I have the pleasure of them arriving / leaving often.

The Red Arrows are based at RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire.

I met the guys whilst I was working at RIAT this year, a great bunch of guys but they are a bunch of pre-madonnas. :p

I was speaking to a techie who works on the Red Arrows, (You get a custom blue flight suit :D) and he said it was rubbish working for them, But I wouldn't mind doing a stint with the Red Arrows in the future.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I saw them at Goodwood for the first time this year. I envy and am in awe of these guys, something about flying jets is really appealing for the scenes and adrenaline. See a french film called Skyfighters for epic jet scenes in HD.

Soldato
Well, those of us in Cambridge have been treated to a great ~40 minute display by these guys, always lots of appreciation threads on here for these lot, and its clear to see why. So skillful, and so much fun to watch.

Was absolutley brilliant, one of the best displays i've seen them do.

Been working is Parkers Piece all day so saw absolutley everthing, including the Vulcan :D

Soldato

I met the guys whilst I was working at RIAT this year, a great bunch of guys but they are a bunch of pre-madonnas. :p

I was speaking to a techie who works on the Red Arrows, (You get a custom blue flight suit :D) and he said it was rubbish working for them, But I wouldn't mind doing a stint with the Red Arrows in the future.

No, I meant, I'm based in Bournemouth :). They come here a lot. BIA is a 2nd home to them and they even have their own hanger too!

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Saw them over here again a couple of weeks ago. Happens every year, but never gets old. The heart at the end is class.

Also had a low-level fly-past by a trio of Harriers this afternoon for the closing of RAF Aldergrove up the road.

Associate

I was at the show being an employee of the company for whom the 'private event' had been arranged ;) and definitely agree. Having been to a fair few airshows over the past couple of years and not seen a better Reds display for many a good year. Have to say that the weather and the light did help too though!

Associate

They were based at Scampton but moved to Waddington this year. They still use Scampton's air space to practice though.

Met them briefly at Scampton in 2007 and they seemed ok to me.

Soldato
Enjoyed it?

Uhmm...

Well I heard them banging through the sky all afternoon while I worked then saw four little jets scudding along as I left to go home.

Associate
I didn't realise they were going to be out today until I was driving back into Cambridge from Grantchester, saw them shoot across the sky, absolutely fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom