Honeymoons

RDM

RDM

Soldato
We spent about £1,400 on a week long break in Norway. Kviknes Hotel, Belastrand, absolutely wonderful time.

Soldato
Just got back last Wednesday from mine. We spent 4 nights in Las Vegas, then 8 nights in Kaua'i (Hawaii) and then 2 nights in LA. Vegas was great but our time in Kaua'i was incredible, its such a beautiful place and the people are fantastic.

The whole trip cost £4400 but then we stayed in really nice hotels (Bellagio, Grand Hyatt Regency and The Beverly Hilton).

Associate
Spent our wedding night in a 5* hotel - but back to work the day after!
We didn't have a honeymoon - our first holiday as a married couple (which will be almost 16months after the big day!!) will be going to SXSW in Texas, hopefully followed by a few days in LA, with a road trip in between!

Soldato
Just gotten back from mine, 5k Mini Suite on Oceana P&0 around the Western Med, was excellent!! :D

Had an amazing time. Food on board was super and was really cool going to bed one night and waking up in another port the next day :D

Soldato
Here's a great site for getting cheap hotel rooms - www.priceline.co.uk. This summer I spent a week in Barcelona, stayed in a centrally located 4* hotel with a swimming pool on the roof for about 1/3 of what it should've cost me. Just remember to use their Name Your Own Price option.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
2 nights in Hong Kong
5 nights in Sydney (5.5 days due to flight times)
4 nights in Adelaide
4 nights in Melbourne
1 night in Singapore

Cost us just over £3k for flights and hotels, then about £1.5k spending money.
Obviously not 'worth the money' but I've always wanted to go to Australia and it was a great holiday.

Soldato
We spent a week in the south of France.

A friend of mine let us use his holiday home as a wedding present so we only paid for flights, car hire and expenses out there.

Had a great time :)

Don
Take Gill to the zoo Neil.

If you're lucky you might be able to leave her there with the other animals.

If I were getting married (which lets face it isn't going to happen any time soon, you know me!), I'd think carefully about going from one side of America to the other, or Japan / Aus way.

Remember it's a once in a lifetime trip, it's a celebration and a rest period away from the stresses of your marriage. So make sure it's something the pair of you want to do :)

Back
Top Bottom