Enter The Void - Gasper Noe's next work - UK showing

Capodecina
Soldato
http://www.bfi.org.uk/lff/node/381

Now, I am unfortunately going to be on the Continent when this is playing but just because I am away, it doesn't mean all you people with good taste in cinema should remain uninformed.

For those unaware or unsure, Noe is the director of such classics in extreme world cinema as Seul Contre Tous and Irreversible, and this is his long, long-awaited next feature. You can therefore predict the kinds of lines that this will traverse.

It would be good if someone here were to go and check this out and then report back. Noe has a BIG act to follow in Irreversible so it would be realistic that expectations weren't too high. But I am very intrigued nevertheless.

Last edited:
Associate
I wanna see this, i loved irreversible. I can't make it either, I'm not back in England til december. I guessing this wont get a theatrical release for any length of time after the festival?

Soldato
This is very relevant to my interests.
Shame I live in the southwest otherwise that would've been a definite visit.
Watched Irreversible then pursued his work with great fervour.
My only regret is that I watched Seul Contre Tous (what an amazingly jarring experience) before Carne.
Intrigued indeed!

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
OP
This is very relevant to my interests.
Shame I live in the southwest otherwise that would've been a definite visit.
Watched Irreversible then pursued his work with great fervour.

Why not come to London for it? I would if I lived further away. You could stay overnight and make an evening of it.

My only regret is that I watched Seul Contre Tous (what an amazingly jarring experience) before Carne.
Intrigued indeed!

My only regret is that I didn't watch Seul Contre Tous with no subtitles. That film is very text-heavy and I'm sure it would have been more effective to watch without the subtitles. Where did you manage to see Carne?

Soldato
i have been looking forward to this for far far too long. me and mate are gunna try to pilgrimage to london to see it. need to work out how to book or get tickets though. do we both need to be members ???

seen that it got a bit of a ribbing at cannes but at the canada film festival it seems to have had nothing but amazing reviews.

this should be my perfect film in theory. its about subjects that im very interested in. its by one of my favourite director/producers and the soundtrack/score is by my all time hero again. i really cant wait

has it got a UK distributor yet ?

try not to be excited after reading this review. and theres loads like it !http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12...-spills-over-with-visual-wonder-and-big-ideas

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not come to London for it? I would if I lived further away. You could stay overnight and make an evening of it.

Your right!
In fact, made a call to a friend that lives in Brockley, gonna do exactly that mate.:D
Dam that looks like a great festival, wish I lived closer to London.
Funny enough I say that everytime I go for the weekend.

Where did you manage to see Carne?

Only saw this about a month ago, a mate of mine had it.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone get to see it at any of the festivals then ?

finally has a uk distributor and release date !

the FX reel highlights from it thats kicking about is outrageous

Soldato
Never got to any of the festivals, my most eagerly anticipated film of the last 12 months by a country mile.
So excited about seeing this! Particularly interested in what the sound design is going to be like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom