Converting to SFF with i7 and 58xx gfx any thoughts ?

Soldato
I want to move away from my big lian li A77 into a V351b. I want it to be quite hi spec but i dont want to shell out all the money to have thermal issues etc and have to spend more money to rectify it.

This is my current plan

Lian Li V350b
Asus X58 rampage gene
i7 920 as close as i can get to 4ghz thermals permitting
6gb corsair 1600mhz (non dominator)
Silverstone ST85 PSU with short cable kit.
Corsair H50 cpu cooler.
Radeon 5870 maybe 2 of these depending on there cost.

I will be fitting my existing SSD and other hard disks in there. I also have a Scythe fan controller i will be using.

has anyone used a H50 in a V350 series case on an i7 ? I have two 20mm yate loon thinfans i was goign to use in a push pull on it so it should be pulling cold air in.

I will be fitting a WD Green 1tb and a WD Blue 320gb drive in the main hard disk space and my crucial SSD somewere else ive not decided yet.

I plan to get at least 1 5870 possibly two depending on cost i have specced the psu accordingly.

the main reason i want to go to this setup is noise/space and LAN use. My main rig has been too big to take to lans so ive ended up spending on a second PC for a lan which never gets used so i sold it.

I was also looking at the Silverstone ST 03 as an alternative case.

Any opinions ?

Associate
You're asking a lot to have 2x 5870's in there of which no one knows the heat they produce yet. I'd certainly stick to the v350/1.
Good luck I say and let us know how it goes. In theory you should be fine.

Soldato
OP
ok so i went with 1 5870 for now this is what ive gone for hope it all works well together we shall see.

minibrain.jpg

Back
Top Bottom