Anelka

Permabanned
Reading the BBC teletext France have called Anelka upto the France squad but he's refusing to go. The French footballing association is asking the FA to impose a 2 game ban on Anelka because of his refusal.

Now I know its an honour to play for your country but if the guy don't like the team manager and feels he don't want to play he has every right to refuse. I was never aware that it was within the right of a national team to ask for a ban to be placed up a player in these circumstances - its madness!

Man of Honour
You're right it is madness.

What about if the English FA said they wanted to play Shearer now and he said he didn't want to play as he's retired from International footy, would that then mean he wasn't able to play for Newcastle?

Thats stupid.

Soldato
I say fair play to Anelka, he wasn't even in the squad before someone got injured, i can see his reasons for not wanting to play. Especially as i think he should play alongside Henry for france without question. As of what i've seen of Trezuget at international level he is not great, although for Uve he is quality.

Permabanned
Originally posted by Gilly
You're right it is madness.

What about if the English FA said they wanted to play Shearer now and he said he didn't want to play as he's retired from International footy, would that then mean he wasn't able to play for Newcastle?

Thats stupid.

Good point Gilly,i hadn't thought of it like that.
As far as Anelka goes,i know he's got a reputation for being awkward,but i can see his point this time.He's been snubbed for ages by the French FA (which is fair enough,it's their choice) but now cos some poxy friendly is coming up and they're a couple of strikers short,he gets a call to the squad to make up numbers.
He almost certainly wouldn't have got a game,and as soon as the others are available again he knows he'll get kicked out again.

Man of Honour
i say fair pay to him

he is trying to rebuild a club football career at city and doing it rather well.

some poncey french coach who has apparently zero faith in him calls him up to make up numbers he refuses to go.

Its his life let him live it the way he wants to.

Permabanned
I dunno. Lets face it, before Man City, where he seems to be hitting a bit of form again, he has been trash and utter garbage. They even said City was his last chance as he'd have to look for lower league clubs if he'd failed there. Now he's looking better obviously the French coach would like to consider him again, which I think if fair. To say No, is just arrogant of Anelka.

Man of Honour
I don't agree. He was looked over for the World Cup, and the Euro Championships iirc. He was told he'd never play again.

I don't think I'd turn out for my country either.

Maybe he's hoping to play here long enough to be eligible, like Di Canio :D

Permabanned
He has played for France hasn`t he. If he hasn¬t got the right attitude i wouldn¬t want him in my team for something as important as an international championship> yer cant bring a badly out of form player and all his baggage>

Soldato
yeah the thing is i still dont think anelka would get a look in with the current class of the french strike force, i think anelka realises this as well, he is doing great things with city at the moment.

Anyway lets keep everyone happy and do it fergie style anelka should *injure* himself and be unavailable..... ;)

why not ban gigs for missing every wales frendly?

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
Maybe he's hoping to play here long enough to be eligible, like Di Canio :D
he cant if he has played for France (which he has). One thing that has been brought up over the last few days is that Cudicini with another 20 months in the UK would be able to play for England. hes a darn good player but I dunno if Id be happy about it

Back
Top Bottom