Paypal Scam

Soldato
Hi okay so I havn't checked my email in a few days, then tonight I see an email recet for £804.34 euros I definately did not make to fotofabrikas.

Then after trying to log into paypal to see whats going on, I get this message asking me to enter my card details.

I went to paypal website direct and not by any links in the email.

paypal.jpg

I also cannot access my rapidshare account.

Has someone gained access to these and now trying to get me to disclose my card details to them?

What should I do?

Caporegime
Sounds like a virus/trojan is redirecting your web pages, possibly to another website or a saved page on your computer. Try using another computer. Your firewall should be re-configured to prevent this from happening.

Last edited:
Commissario
Did you check the URL of that page?

Of course not, nobody ever does!

Especially not the "Team Leader" of our Microsoft support team a couple of years ago. Out of the blue he suddenly called across the office "What happens if you click on a link in a paypal email and put all your details in?".

Cue a stunned silence followed by someone saying "Have you done it?". There was an awkward pause and then he said "No" quietly, grabbed his mobile and left the office quickly. He returned later, somewhat red faced.

How we laughed!

Soldato
Of course not, nobody ever does!

Especially not the "Team Leader" of our Microsoft support team a couple of years ago. Out of the blue he suddenly called across the office "What happens if you click on a link in a paypal email and put all your details in?".

Cue a stunned silence followed by someone saying "Have you done it?". There was an awkward pause and then he said "No" quietly, grabbed his mobile and left the office quickly. He returned later, somewhat red faced.

How we laughed!

Heh, I get generic scam emails all the time, they get caught by my filter though.

Back
Top Bottom