New wheels thoughts?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

Giving token consideration to perhaps replacing my alloys at some point. Really fancy a nice set of genuine BBS LM's. I've shyed away from these in the past on cost grounds but I've started to think a decent second hand set of LM's should hold value so I can get my money back should I want to move back to my Style 37's or part with the car at any point.

What do we reckon? They suit the E39?

lm2a.jpg

70926096.jpg

Here are the current wheels for those who can't remember:

ferryport1.jpg

Soldato
Not my cup of tea I am afraid.

Nice wheels but Something is just not quite right. Not sure if it is because it is a light coloured car or just the rest of the body shape do not compliment them.

Soldato
I like the BBSs, although on the rear it looks a little too low. BBS alloys do hold there money well I had a spare set from my old Polo I cleaned them up and re-polished the lips and got just under £500 for them and they were only 15" !

Last edited:
Soldato
I think your current ones fit the style of the car much better tbh. Being the noob I am, the first picture looks as if there is less tyre wall between the top of the alloy and the top of the tyre, than on fox's. I think the first pic looks better in that respect.

Caporegime
Unfortunately all non standard style wheels on 5 series' are usually accompanied by other chav tat like body kits and stuck on M badges (lol), so no, dont do it.

Soldato
I think they'd suit the silver car. On the white it looks great, can imagine them on the silver.

edit - heheheeeeee....

Last edited:
Soldato
For a moment there I thought this was a thread for considering a new car, then I realised it was fox.

The current alloys look much better imo, the car's looking great.

Back
Top Bottom