dell 2709W dead pixel

Associate
Just noticed a dead pixel on my 2709W. Iv had it for just coming up to a year in a week. I have a 3 year premium panel warranty.

I don't know whether to bother getting a new screen because of one dead pixel or not! It is annoying, but I don't know if its just me being picky.

Anyone else had the same problem and used the dell premium panel warranty? I can't be bothered with a huge hassle as I go back to uni next week.

Thanks

Associate
OP
yeah it says theres a 24x7 phone number to call? I tried phoning the normal dell number as I don't know what that number is! Its only open from 8am-6pm. I'll phone tomorrow unless anyone knows what the phone number is?

Soldato
Associate
OP
I'm quite frankly amazed with dell's customer service. I phoned them yesterday about 1pm about my dead pixel problem. They said they would send out a new monitor and it arrived today 10.30am. I live in Aberdeen, Scotland aswell.

New monitor is the A02 revision. An upgrade from A01, the buttons on the monitor seem to work better.

No dead pixels either!

Well done Dell!

Associate
OP
Oh and they were speaking about the industry standard is 7 dead pixels and up to (I can't believe this but this is what they said) a 1cm square dead spot on the screen! The only reason they changed my monitor for one pixel is because the 2709W has premium panel guarantee, which means even one dead pixel gets me a new screen! :)

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Oh and they were speaking about the industry standard is 7 dead pixels and up to (I can't believe this but this is what they said) a 1cm square dead spot on the screen! The only reason they changed my monitor for one pixel is because the 2709W has premium panel guarantee, which means even one dead pixel gets me a new screen! :)

as far as i know, the industry dead-pixel limits is one for every 100,000 thousand is allowed to be dead, with additional restrictions on proximity and pixels near the center of the screen.

thus, Dell's monitor support is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom