• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I want PhysX but I want 5870x2!

Associate
I want to be able to play games with full physX features but want to buy the 5870X2 when it comes out...how do i do it?

This will go in my new I7 950 machine..that im building..hopefully it will also fit in my Lian Li X500 case!

Soldato
Get a cheapy nvidia 8400 second hand and throw it in, should do the job, providing you have the right board. There is also a PCI physics card, but that's all but obsolete now.

Man of Honour
Don't think that works any more - pretty sure nVidia are being gay and locking out physx unless the main renderer is an nVidia card.

uv

uv

Soldato
The only way you can do it at the mo is by using really old nvidia drivers on Win7 or XP - I played through mirror's edge with a 4870 and a 9500GT for physx, but more recent drivers have this function locked out.

It's an absolutely awful decision by nVidia tbh.

Soldato
The only way you can do it at the mo is by using really old nvidia drivers on Win7 or XP - I played through mirror's edge with a 4870 and a 9500GT for physx, but more recent drivers have this function locked out.

It's an absolutely awful decision by nVidia tbh.
Didn't think there was physX support in the really old nvidia drivers :confused:

Man of Honour
AFAIK nVidia are now depreciating the old aegia ppus so in the future they will be mostly useless (assuming physx isn't anyhow by then).

Man of Honour
More to the point I don't think they will be including paths for any new or expanded features to include the old PPUs.

Caporegime
Either pick up a 2nd hand Ageia Physx PPU or petition AMD to add Physx support to the ATI line, or hope there will be an unofficial hack somewhere down the line.

Soldato
New Batman does.

Didn't realise nv had locked that out. Yet another reason to hate them, good stuff guys, lost themselves a potential sale there.

Back
Top Bottom