NEW RIG FAIL, need help, urgently ty

Associate
heya, bascily it wont send anything up on the screen. we get the mobo icon screen sometimes, like twice in about 100 boots. other than that its blank.
im a qualified tech and have been building rigs for about years and this ones got me guys. i think it could be the psu and a power issue, we're trying a different gfx card atm.

Spec:
Asus P5N-D mobo
XFX 8800GS pcie
4 gigs ram via 1 gig sticks in 4 slots
600watt PSU 24amps on the 12v rails.
2 harddrives 320gig and 320gig, ones a samsung and ones western digital carver blue.
with a acer AL1913 screen connected via vga with DVI adaptors. wich are sound.

ive tryed the rig on my screen wich is also an acer but an AL1926w widescreen model

the case is an antec 902

thanks in advance

Associate
OP
we cant try with nop gfx card. it doesnt have onbored video. thanks XD
the keybored lights wont come on aswell. it hasnt worked with a 7600gt so i dont think its power.

Associate
Just a thought

Have you tried doing a cmos/dump reset, I have had odd problems like this that have ben resolved by a cmos reset.

Coolur

Associate
I see what the problem is here, you've not got a CPU.

heya, bascily it wont send anything up on the screen. we get the mobo icon screen sometimes, like twice in about 100 boots. other than that its blank.
im a qualified tech and have been building rigs for about years and this ones got me guys. i think it could be the psu and a power issue, we're trying a different gfx card atm.

Spec:
Asus P5N-D mobo
XFX 8800GS pcie
4 gigs ram via 1 gig sticks in 4 slots
600watt PSU 24amps on the 12v rails.
2 harddrives 320gig and 320gig, ones a samsung and ones western digital carver blue.
with a acer AL1913 screen connected via vga with DVI adaptors. wich are sound.

ive tryed the rig on my screen wich is also an acer but an AL1926w widescreen model

the case is an antec 902

thanks in advance

J.B

J.B

Soldato
I would suggest reseating the RAM, try 1 stick at a time.

Have you tried the second PCIe x16 port on that motherboard?

Might be worth building it outside the case to check nothing is shorting out.

Back
Top Bottom