360 controller on PC?

Associate
After getting SF4 on PC vividly highlighted my lack of gamepad in bright luminous nuclear waste yellowy-green, I've decided on a 360 gamepad as my button basher of choice. I've played on mate's 360's and like the feel and button layout, and intend to buy a 360 at some point in the future, so an extra gamepad can't hurt.

Now, what do I need to connect it to my PC? Can I just get a gamepad and a "play and charge" kit which is USB, and play it with a cable? I saw the official USB wireless receiver, but since I won't be using it often, a cable will suit me fine, plus the play + charge would be used upon purchase of said 360.

Let me know if I've got it wrong, or if I need anything else :) Cheers :D

Associate
Play and charge kit even when connected to a USB port on the PC will only charge the battery.

You will need either the Wireless Receiver for windows to use the wireless controllers or a wired controller.

Soldato
Yup, buy a Wired one - typical street price is £25, compared to £32 for Wireless.

Just plug it in and Windows will install it all for you (at least it did for me).

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses guys, but I may have to scrap those plans for this:

mad-catz-sfiv-peripherals-415.jpg

OMG!! lol, And a skinned SF4 gamepad for xbox (not complete though, no analogue sticks, only D-pad and buttons)

Street_Fighter_IV_FightPad_for_Xbox_360.jpg

May have to get one of these, since the xbox versions works with both xbox + pc :D

Associate
By the way, I plugged in my flatmate's Xbox 360 SF4 arcade stick wondering if it might work - Bam ! found new hardware, Street Fighter 4 arcade stick for windows ! This wasn't the tournemant edition though, just the normal one. It too, lacks some buttons includeing analogue sticks but seems that Microsoft have written a PC driver for it. Seems it's plug and play.

Soldato
Thanks for the responses guys, but I may have to scrap those plans for this:

OMG!! lol, And a skinned SF4 gamepad for xbox (not complete though, no analogue sticks, only D-pad and buttons)

Street_Fighter_IV_FightPad_for_Xbox_360.jpg

May have to get one of these, since the xbox versions works with both xbox + pc :D

I'm after getting one of these after smahsing my regular wired xbox 360 controller against my wall after a particularly stupid drunken bout of SF4 :o

Associate
OP
Just got mine today, £35ish inc. p&p, The Dpad isn't ideal for beat 'em ups, since it can function as an analogue stick too, and is 8-way not 4 way. The pad is very very light, making it feel cheap, and has no vibrate function. The art is nice, high quality, and the shape is easy on the hands, play for hours happily, and rubber flanks stop it sliding around. Could be better, but not bad.

Don
The official 360 pad only comes are wireless, some 3rd party ones come was wired usb.

not 100% sure though- but ive not seen an official wired 360 pad, all the wired ones ive seen are the non official ones

you're wrong there mate

I've got 2x wired USB Microsoft 360 pads, one was 11.99 the other was 17.99

Back
Top Bottom