• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need some advice if i should RMA my 260gtx

Soldato
Hi i bought a 260gtx from here around 2 weeks ago but i keep having a strange problem when i boot up my pc my graphics card wont seem to load after the windows logo, i can hear the windows tune in the background so to me the computer has booted fine but has no image. I have sinced changed drivers i went to 182.50 all seemed ok only once it did not boot, i have now upgraded to the 191.00 drivers and im now getting the problem again, they always say use the most up to date drivers, so what i want to know is, is it the card do you think or the drivers? it never happened on my old 8800gts

thanks

Soldato
OP
i just had a look on the giga site for an updated bios but i think mine is running the latest one according to there site 62.00.50.00.02, going to go back to the 182.50 drivers i guess and see how it goes for a week or two, if i still get the prob then i will rma for sure, ocuk i really good with there rma's good work guys!!

Soldato
If it works fine with the 182 drivers then you should just stick with those...

::edit::

Ignore this post, I see you are going to use them for a couple weeks, it really does pay to read the entire thread instead of the first couple of posts!

Associate
I have the same problem when turn the system on there is no singal on monitor(Dell 2407WFP). It's GIGABYE GTX260. I wasnot at home, so haven't try any solutions provided. May try it later. I had thrown the original package is it okay for RMA?

Associate
had the same problem with my gygabyte 260 gtx , pleas try them individually , ive taken mine back to overclockers , they tested mine ,one was faulty ! i got a refund and changed the cards for two different ones

Back
Top Bottom