Another 'Grinds My Gears'

Associate
Middle lane merchants on the motorway!

What is it about these morons. They sit in the middle lane, pootling along at 50mph or less when the inside lane is completely empty. Sometimes you get several of the brainless idiots acting like sheep in the middle lane.

You can see traffic piling up behind them, and even if they are flashed they still insist on sitting there delaying everyone who drives normally...

In my observations, these fools fall into 3 categories:

1. OAP's
2. Dizzy blonde middle aged women
3. Of Asian origin

Grr... Seems the police don't want to do anything about it from what I saw earlier today, yet I bet if I undertake on the inside lane they would pull me over...

Middle lane merchants - NO!... Pull over to the inside lane or get off the motorway!! :mad::mad::mad:

Soldato
move to the right hand lane and overtake?

Only bothers me when you get those speedlimit enforcer type people next to each other in both overtaking lanes so you can't get past.

Although, on and empty motorway I enjoy coming up behind people on the left, overtaking them in the middle and then straight back to left lane. 30% of the time it clicks and they move over :)

Transmission breaker
Don
But the middle lane is safest. I feel comfy, and there is room either side of me for others to get past!

Why should i move for you? I love the middle lane. Its all warm and cosy. Oh, and its means I dont have to mess about with those big nasty trucks that are always in the left lane....

I bet you are one of those people who drive right past stationary traffic at a merge, rather than Q up like everyone else....

Man of Honour
Or you could overtake them and get on with your journey?

But it isn't that simple - if you are happy doing 75 on a motorway and are stuck behind somebody doing 60 in the middle lane, then it can be very hard to overtake them during busy traffic, especially with a very busy fast lane. This effectively slows the whole road up as more cars suffer the same fate, and it isn't worth the risk to undertake.

You get the similar effect when two lorries try to overtake each other.

But the middle lane is safest. I feel comfy, and there is room either side of me for others to get past!

Why should i move for you? I love the middle lane. Its all warm and cosy. Oh, and its means I dont have to mess about with those big nasty trucks that are always in the left lane....

Middle and Fast lanes are for overtaking if the police see you and you're just pootling along in either and people are both over and undertaking you you will be pulled over & fined!

Soldato
I must admit, I did love driving in America. It isn't illegal to undertake, traffic flows easily, didn't see one incident of road rage even driving around LA, although that could be more to people carrying weapons :D

So, 2 ways of dealing with it, make undertaking legal or legalise hand guns :D lol

I must admit, I did love driving in America. It isn't illegal to undertake, traffic flows easily, didn't see one incident of road rage even driving around LA, although that could be more to people carrying weapons :D

So, 2 ways of dealing with it, make undertaking legal or legalise hand guns :D lol

Thats because in america they all drive the same speed "ludicrously slow" on "Highways"

Back
Top Bottom