• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone buy a Gigabytee GTX275 on this week only? A cautionary tail.

Associate
Have just bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 260 and have loads of problems via DVI.Will not display anything on initial boot.Screen is a new Samsung T220.Leave it for 2 minutes for boot to complete and I finally get a display in windows but its too big for the screen despite the resolution being 1680x1050 (native resolution).Tried to update the BIOS but get the same problem.Works ok when I connect to the DVI port with a VGA-DVI converter and use a VGA cable.

Got a video of the problem if anyone wants a look.

Link To Media Fire Host

Yeah I've had that problem as well as I've had all kinds with my 260 the main problem is no monitor display at all or I get a display like yours were I think the card has chosen the wrong display as the main display.

Best thing you can do is send it back, the bios may work for some but not all. I gave Gigabyte Technical Service a try with but after 72 hours with no useful help it's time to give up, they did tell me to update my bios to bios I'm already using after 24 hours,:eek: but once I posted back saying the new bios doesn't fix the problem I've been ignored.

If Gigabyte would simply email me back with a "We are working on the problem" or "sorry for the trouble we have caused you" or anything for that matter I would feel better, but just ignoring customers tells me that they don't care and the product cant be fixed.:mad:

Associate
Yeah thats pretty much the same issues as with the 275, sounds like RMA time m8. Interestingly ocuk don't seem to have pulled the 260 from the shop like the 275 but reading other forums it does seem to suffer the same issues.

If they have pulled the 275 for technical reasons and not the 260 that's just plain wrong.

Quote from a Gigabyte read me file

Please follow below steps to fix GTX 260/275 output display issue
by using GIGABYTE VGA @BIOS.

Shame the fix didn't work

Last edited:
Associate
Update

Well just a recap, I got my Gigabyte card on the 12th of Augest and it was in very poor state, after waiting a couple of weeks Gigabyte released a bios update for the cards that were faulty but sadly for me it did not correct the problem fully, sure it was better and usable but every now and then it would boot up in 800/600 or Nvidia would flag up on the screen saying Display has changed, or even worse no display.

After a week of emails to Gigabyte their had no solution for me so told me to RMA the card, which I did on the 7th of September. It's taken until today for Overclockers to email back telling their are sending the card back to me as no fault. I would laugh if I could only afford it, funny how my old 9800GTX works just fine and my 4890 from my other machine also has no problems.

I feel kind of sick about this I just wasted over a month in time £115 pounds on the card, over £8.00 posting it back for this.:(

Associate
I have the same problem when turn the system on there is no singal on monitor(Dell 2407WFP). It's GIGABYE GTX260. I wasnot at home, so haven't try any solutions provided. May try it later. I had thrown the original package is it okay for RMA?

Back
Top Bottom