Antec 900 question.

Soldato
Gooday, im thinking of upgrading my sagitta 2 tower to maybe the antec 900,902 or 1200 but somethings puzzling me.

it looks like the psu sits at the bottom of the antec cases, if this so which way do they face because my psu (like most) have a fan at the bottom, does the psu just sit the opposite way (so the fan faces up) or something?

Thanks!

Soldato
Soldato
OP
i ordered the 5850 so the size isnt a issue with that.

thats a good point with the psu, wouldnt want things dropping into it, im going to look see what other towers are around the same price, good size, cooling etc.

Cheers

Associate
Word of advice...I have the 900 and although I LOVE it and its possibly the best looking out of the 3, it is quite tight for space inside. Especially with, as EsaT said, with the longer graphics cards. It also doesnt come with dust filters on the fans as standard, and by goodness it needs them. Its a bloody hoover (keeps my room nice and clean though).

I think the PSU is a really goods idea, although the 8-pin ATX power cable is quite a stretch to the top left corner, where it's found on most mobo's. I have it the fan facing up and haven't had any trouble.

I don't regret getting the 900, but I cant help thinking the 902 would have been a bit more practical.

Associate
i agree with the above, its not the best case for space and does collect a lot of dust, but its by far one of hte best cases ive had!!
i put some tights over the fans to stop the dust and it does a realy good job, and i cut a whole in the bottom of the case and have the psu fan pointing down/out which again keeps the case even cooler.

Associate
I had a 902 delivered yesterday and I must say the cable management and space is really good. I have a corsair TX 850 watt non modular PSU and i managed to hide all the nasty cables away :D

Deffo +1 for 902 or 1200 if you need huge amounts of hard drives.

Soldato
is the 902, or 1200 for that fact bigger and more practical?
First number(s) tell height in 5.25" bay heights, that's their only size difference.

and i cut a whole in the bottom of the case and have the psu fan pointing down/out which again keeps the case even cooler.
Did you put some filter in there?
PSU has lot of small cracks and holes for dust to gather and I've seen some really dusty PSUs.

902 or 1200 if you need huge amounts of hard drives.
That would practically block long graphics cards and use 5.25" bays.

Associate
I did use the antec 900 but found out on purchasing a second card for SLI the bottom slot on M/B cannot take the gpu due to the fact off the power supply location, I wanted to space the 2 gpus out for better air flow getting 62 max at 86% fan speed whilst playing need for speed earlier , just finished on cod world at war.

Associate
im going to get the 902 hundred i think, looks a cracking tower

Check my build thead out for the 902 I had plenty of room for all components. My 285 GTX is roughly the same size as the 5850.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18057487

Plenty of room for a 5870 if i wished and not to mention the front case fan blowing all the lovely air towards the graphics card. My temps have dropped by 7 degrees on load with the front fans set to their lowest setting. Although i did have to tilt my 285 to get the rear end in first to get the front in. I did notice the 902 is about 1 inch shorter than my old Lian Li PC7 plus 2. But I like it, its a really cracking case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom