Best + Cheapest place to Buy Tag Heuer Carrera CV2A10.BA0796

Soldato
Im after one of these watches.
These retail anywhere from £1,500 to £2,500.Is there anywhere which sells these under £1k?

I dont want to pay over the odds as insurance will be added onto the price.

Soldato
I've seen a lot of positive things said about Swiss Watches Direct which appear to give the full benefit of buying in a high street dealer (that is, a full manufacturer's warranty) for very competitive prices.

That said, the carrera you're looking at is £2,200 from them. It's RRP is £2750. I wouldn't bet on being able to buy it with an authorized warranty for much less than £2,100 - maybe £2,000 at a stretch.

Used I guess you're looking more at around £1,500.

Here's one (rather expensive?) sample: http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=304952&highlight=CV2A10

Soldato
i've seen the CV2A10 for £1700 second hand

I've seen the CV2015 for £995 second hand

I think if you are saying £1,500 to £2,500 you may be getting your model numbers confused somewhere along the way.

Don
buy used, depreciation on Tags is very high

you should belooking for 20-25% off RRP for new and 45-50% off a like new used one

Don
Rotty, have you used that shop before? What are you liable for if it gets stopped by customs, is it just VAT?

at worst about 20-25% total

not used them but just use a credit card then if it goes wrong it's not your problem

just be aware that depreciation is heavy and that you can get a much better watch for similar money but if thats what you want then fine :)

Don
Watch salesman in Selfridges told me the movement in the Carreras is made in the same factory by the same people as the movements in the Omega Seamasters, are these lies?

same base movement as the Speedmaster

base being the important bit. Tag buy in the base ebauche ( basic movement ) and fit as is, Omega do proper finishing / polishing etc

the movement is the Valjoux/ETA 7750 which is amde by the swatch group ( who own Omega ) they sell this in an unfinished state to many manufacturers, some use "as is" and some do detailed finishing work on them

Don
oh just for the record, when I refer to "finishing" this can include changes and modifications that make the movement hardly identifiable from the ebauche

a quote from another site

"Are all 7750's equal --- not by a long shot."

Back
Top Bottom