I think I'm speed hacking in TF2...

Soldato
I know this sounds weird, but I hadn't played TF2 for a couple of days. During that time I realised my overclock was off so I put it back on. Now whenever I play TF2 I'm getting accused of speed hacking, and I sort of concur. Everything is moving faster.

Has anyone had this? It's driving me nuts!

Soldato
Definitely possible. Back in the old counter-strike days, when the 'speed hack' first appeared it was created by the very thing you describe, overclocking. I can't remember exactly much about it as it was years ago, but wouldn't surprise me if it was overlooked in TF2 because the method was so old.

Soldato
I know this sounds weird, but I hadn't played TF2 for a couple of days. During that time I realised my overclock was off so I put it back on. Now whenever I play TF2 I'm getting accused of speed hacking, and I sort of concur. Everything is moving faster.

Has anyone had this? It's driving me nuts!

Contact the steam support men for a solution. They'll know for sure.

Soldato
Mystery to me. Reinstall with OC in place?

I was kicked (and banned, though that was recinded) a while ago for wall hacking from the only CSS server i play on these says. I have good earphones so I was listening to footsteps on the other side of the wall, looking at where the sound was coming from to work out how many and which direction the terrorists we going. Must have looked dodgy to any spectator... I lept out and nailed 3 like Jason Bourne lol

Associate
Somethin similar happen to me, Oc'd my Q6600 from stock to 3.6 and loaded up CS:Source, everything was normal apart from shooting, the bullets would come out crazy fast, even pistols became automatic.

I would have used it as an andavtage if the recoil wasn't ridiculous, lol.

Had to reinstall the game to solve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom