Gelin Abaci Tension Rings

Soldato
Well....

The time may come in the near (or late future if she is spying on my account :p ) when I will propose to my partner, however finding the perfect ring is proving a little tricky....

The type of ring she likes are the tension ones where the diamond seems to be floating in mid air. Gelin Abaci does a very nice style (TR-025, link below) however I cannot find an online retailer that will ship to the UK or a UK street retailer :(

http://www.gelinabaci.com/

SO.... My question OCUK, can some one point me in a street or online UK shipping retailer OR a site which does similar jewlery, preferably the former as they are considered to be the best strength wise and will last longer without the diamond popping out.

Thank You (and sorry for any sp mistakes)

Edit..... And yes i will ask the farther-in-law in person for his daughters hand in marriage

Last edited:
Don
can't advise on where to buy but one bit of advice, make sure you get it sized correctly first time ( before you accept it ) most places will not resize these types of rings

Soldato
wedding rings direct offer a bespoke design service try them

I've just proposed to my gf using a ring from there and the service was excellent.

Cost me £1072 for a trilogy stone setting in 18 ct white gold with a total diamond carat of 0.75 with colour H and clarity VS1

all in all a good deal

Caporegime
Except £1072 could have bought a nice fridge and a few other utilities. I keep telling the other half if I do propose it will be with some shiny new white appliances.

She is not amused.

Soldato
OP
Cheers for advice guys....

Was thinging getting a tension ring resized was going to be a problem so will keep it in mind, getting sizes is a problem though, dont want to make it too obvious.

As for using shinny things.... she would not appreciate a Macbook as an alternative to the ring haha (especially as i would take it :p )

Man of Honour
Except £1072 could have bought a nice fridge and a few other utilities. I keep telling the other half if I do propose it will be with some shiny new white appliances.

She is not amused.

That's exactly what we did back in 1980.
We paid £30 for the ring and spent our savings on the house.
I reckon we made the right decision because this sunday we've been married 29 years.

Man of Honour
Are you insinuating buying a cheap ring has helped your marriage last? :p

Absolutely.
After extensive research over the last 29 years I have come to the conclusion that all my mates who spent a lot on their wedding had marriages that failed.
All those that had cheap weddings have lasted.
Of course your experiences may be different.

Soldato
Absolutely.
After extensive research over the last 29 years I have come to the conclusion that all my mates who spent a lot on their wedding had marriages that failed.
All those that had cheap weddings have lasted.
Of course your experiences may be different.

I would imagine that is completely due to the fact that if your partner REALLY loves you, she won't want/need a £10,000 ring to convince her to marry you.

Man of Honour
I would imagine that is completely due to the fact that if your partner REALLY loves you, she won't want/need a £10,000 ring to convince her to marry you.

Nail - head

I always frown when I hear people talking about how much they're spending on rings because I think the more the ring costs (and wedding) the less chance of the relationship working.
Of course others may have different experiences.

Soldato
OP
Those tension rings look like a terrible idea, a decent knock will bend the ring and the stone will be lost for ever =\

This may be true for some tension rings, however, Gelin Abaci rings are created in such a way that the pressure of the tension ring will keep the diamond in place, just a shame i cant find a half decent online retailer...

As for spending a lot, the GF/MRS doesn't mind the price of the ring, however she really likes the tension ring and i want to get her something special (not that cheaper rings are less special)

I hope i have a better experience than those whom spend lots and fail :p

Soldato
Cheers for advice guys....

Was thinging getting a tension ring resized was going to be a problem so will keep it in mind, getting sizes is a problem though, dont want to make it too obvious.

As for using shinny things.... she would not appreciate a Macbook as an alternative to the ring haha (especially as i would take it :p )

Your best bet for ring size is to do the actual deed with a cheapo temporary ring and then go together to buy a correctly fitting ring. Never buy anything you haven't seen in the lfesh unless it's returnable as often things look and feel very different once you've actually got them on her finger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom