Killzone 2 - fantastic game didn't know what I'd missed...

Soldato
Know its perhaps an older PS3 game now, but wow... Killzone 2 is bloody amazing. This is worth getting a PS3 for, its excellent, I felt like I was in some hostile war zone in another world - erm just as they meant it to be....

Wasted an entire evening now playing it, wasn't PS3 trophies a recent thing though? Notice that I was earning them as I was going along...

Oh well, guess they either patched it or something. Best £16.99 I've spent in a while...

Soldato
Just bought it on platinum to experience it and to be honest, I'm not blown away...but it's a great game. I'm only halfway through (I think?) so will have to see after a few more levels.

Associate
my opinion is that its the best fps on ps3 , reason i think i like it so much is because it is heavily focused on team work and there is hardly any aim assist .

It isnt a game you can pick up and play for 10 mins on your own though .
you dont get very far really run and gunning against a good strong squad so teamwork is required to do most of the objectives ;)

Soldato
OP
I liked it, seemed like you need to be a bit more selective with aiming as you can't just run in with most FPS and shoot up the place, you need to have a few tactics... Ducking behind objects and popping up for a kill shot is how I'm getting most of my kills....

Didn't release it was released this year, thought it was a game from launch.... Seeing as COD4 is still full price, this is a steal..

no idea how they can still charge what they do for COD4... But there you go, and to think, the next COD MW installment is even more expensive.... :eek:

Associate
I really like the single player but I just can't seem to enjoy the multi-player, I've gave it a try on many occasions. I actually prefered Resistance 2 sp+mp to killzone, my favourite fps game on ps3 so far.

Associate
Got this and MGS4 for 20 quid..

started playing this tonight, seems ace, first game ive played on my PS3 that uses six axis

played MGS4 for like a hour and about 45 mins of that was a cut scene lol

Soldato
I played the demo a while ago and was pretty unimpressed - switched it off after about 20 minutes. If I can pick it up cheap though I might well do, always hear rave reviews!

Soldato
I played the demo a while ago and was pretty unimpressed - switched it off after about 20 minutes. If I can pick it up cheap though I might well do, always hear rave reviews!

Similar to me, wasn't particularly blown away by the demo but it gets a lot of positive opinion so when I see it cheap I may give it a bash.

Soldato
Mp is where it really shines and is extremely polished.

Heard load of peeps playing it for 5 mins then saying mp sucks but they haven't even got under the skin of it

Soldato
I think it's an absolutely awful game... :mad:

I got it on day of release and have kept it and persevered with it to this day. I am up to killing radec and i just hate it. Not fun to play, cumbersome, fiddly and has the dullest gameplay that makes me bored within seconds of playing the damn thing.

I really want to like it, I do, i just can't see why it's fun. It's like the dev has taken all the fun bits out of a FPS and called it Killzone 2.

EDIT - FYI it was released on February 27th. My Birthday.

Associate
It's the character's that spoil it for me. I just don't like them so I can't make myself go through it, so it stays on the shelf. :(

Back
Top Bottom