Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Forza Motorsport 3

hukqro.jpg

Whether it's a high-end sports car like the Audi R8 V10, a classic American muscle car such as the Dodge Challenger, a highly tunable Asian import such as the Nissan 370Z, a European exotic supercar such as the Ferrari FXX, or a purpose-built race car such as the Peugeot 908, everyone has a dream car. In Forza Motorsport 3, live the most realistic racing experience available as you take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe. With breathtaking HD graphics and advanced vehicle simulation, Forza Motorsport 3 includes a host of driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels. A love of cars lives in all of us. Forza Motorsport 3 is the automotive playground we've all been waiting for. Forza Motorsport 3 is where dreams are driven.

The new demo lets you get behind the wheel of five of the world’s most amazing cars on the full circuit of the game’s Camino Viejo track. The demo includes five playable cars:

• 2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
  • 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
  • 2009 Ferrari California
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
  • 2009 Mini John Cooper Works

You will be able to drive all of the cars in the demo in full cockpit view as well as experience damage, rollover and try out the game’s new rewind feature as you take turns on a beautiful Spanish mountain course inspired by the Montserrat region just outside of Barcelona, Spain. When logged into Xbox LIVE, the demo will also support official leaderboards for lap times, giving you a further taste of what players will experience in “Forza Motorsport 3.”

Size: - 1.25GB

Gold members only.
--------------------------------------------------------

UK link to demo

Works with any type of gold account.

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm dam tempted but tbh I really don't want to download the demo as I',ve only recently just started playing through Forza 2 for the first time and I don't won't the demo to tarnish that experience.

Last edited:
Soldato
copied my post from the other thread:

First race impressions, Menu's are gorgeous, model looks awesome in there, nice upgrade in game graphics not mind blowing though, replays much improved, feels like fm2 with a bit more weight to the cars, sounds pretty nice.

Disable notifications because it becomes a complete slide show when someone signs in.

Caporegime
First race impressions, Menu's are gorgeous, model looks awesome in there, nice upgrade in game graphics not mind blowing though, replays much improved, feels like fm2 with a bit more weight to the cars, sounds pretty nice.

Disable notifications because it becomes a complete slide show when someone signs in.

A few worrying things posted there, I thought from the gameplay videos it looked a lot better than FM2 in game. Also what do you mean by slideshow with notifications? Is it really that bad?

What is the the size of the demo? Maybe compressed car models?

Soldato
A few worrying things posted there, I thought from the gameplay videos it looked a lot better than FM2 in game. Also what do you mean by slideshow with notifications? Is it really that bad?

What is the the size of the demo? Maybe compressed car models?

It does look better particularly in the track detail, but it still very much looks like Forza jaggies and all. Its nice to look at though so don't worry! Will move it to the plasma in a min to see if that smooths it out some.

And by slide show I mean 2 people signed in at different times and I literally saw a frame for a second waited saw a frame waited etc and nearly crashed from the stutter.

Soldato
Also cockpit view is really nice ( I will race in this view) but you cant look around it and when you look left/right you get a clean view point without window frames and doors etc.

Back
Top Bottom