Creaky 2nd gear change

Soldato
Hi, seems every so often when i shift from 1st to 2nd i hear a little creak from under my car. Usually only in a fairly high rpm shift (3000rpm or so) and usually only when first beginning a journey, seems to do it more on a colder/humid day as well. Sound is hard to describe, but think of opening a big metal/galvanised door/gate, kind of that creaky sound. Sound sometimes stays away for days then comes back 3-4 times a day. Have to see dealership soon but just throwing this out there if it sounds familiar to anyone. The actual engaging happens fine and driveability is not affected, just that annoying sound! BTW the car is a 57' 1.9TDI Seat Ibiza FR.

Ta!

Soldato
OP
It doesn't feel different tbh, just the creak. The tranny has had a sorrid history, needed a new clutch when i bought it, seems the previous owner couldn't drive or something, only had 22k on the clock but it was bad to the point of being horrible notchy, hard to engage and was'nt quite disengaging properly. Had the clutch done under warranty 2 weeks after i got it and it has been fine since (since February) and has covered about 8k since then.

Back
Top Bottom