One to rile the purists I guess - Rolls-Royce with an engine swap

JRS

JRS

Soldato
29ual4.jpg

6qa141.jpg

575ci blown Hemi and a tubbed rear end. Now, I love Hemi engined cars as much as the next man, but......dunno. Really not sure about this one. Part of me thinks that it's a waste of a perfectly good Royce and a perfectly good engine, the other part of me thinks it'd be an utter riot to drive.

Confuzzled :(

Soldato
It's lost it's elegant lines with the horrific rivets on the bonnet. I guess they are there for function not looks but still, they stick out a mile. I'm not liking the front alloy wheel either.

I agree with the OP, a bit confusing... a balls out engine in a cruising car.

Soldato
Guess it depends what it was like before he did it, there's plenty of shabby old rollers lurking about that would be better off used to something like this than left to deteriorate.

Man of Honour
Heh. A Merlin-engined Shadow would be epic!

Certainly would.

One of the final Griffon engines produced 2400hp... May need a little chassis enhancement to take it. Merlin's final versions were just over 2000hp.

Although the Merlin has the better name than Griffon. Meteor was essentially a detuned Merlin without the supercharger - as such only produced 600hp-ish..

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Awesome, love it. The idea purists will get angry and cry in their sleep makes this all the more worth it.

I don't really recognise the luxuary and executive type cars, they hold no special place for me so things like this appeal to me greatly. Thanks for sharing.

Caporegime
Certainly would.

One of the final Griffon engines produced 2400hp... May need a little chassis enhancement to take it. Merlin's final versions were just over 2000hp.

Although the Merlin has the better name than Griffon. Meteor was essentially a detuned Merlin without the supercharger - as such only produced 600hp-ish..

At what altitude are those bhp figures produced, 16k?

Man of Honour
At what altitude are those bhp figures produced, 16k?

Iirc the Mk66 Merlin was rated at 2000hp at sea level.
The final mark Griffons were 2400hp at take off with 25psi of pressure from the supercharger - there were for the Shackletons though so powered contra-rotating props.

Back
Top Bottom