New Quiet I7 Build, Thoughts?

Associate
Looking to build my next system to be as quiet as possible and wondering if this looks like a quiet system? I am not sure about the Corsair Obsidian 800D due to restricted airflow as there is only 1 intake at the bottom :(. I would be reversing the Corsair H50 on the back but still not sure about airflow in this case, especially when trying to make it quiet.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping - Processor

Asus P6T Deluxe/OC Palm Edition - Motherboard

Patriot Viper 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 x2 - Memory

Corsair HX 750W - PSU

Corsair Obsidian 800D - Case

Corsair H50 - Processor Cooling

Scythe Kaze Maru 140mm 1200RPM x2 - Extra Cooling

LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW - Optical Drive

Already got hard drives & GFX sorted/waiting to see what happens with ATI/Nvidia war, anything else I'm forgetting or overlooked?

Any suggestions on quite cases/cooling would be appreciated, ideally I want an all black case with black insides but suggestions welcome.

I have an old 10mm Asetek water cooling kit not sure if I should bring this in to the equation, anyone know if I can convert this to 1/2 tubing easily? Any suggestions on water cooling would be appreciated :).

Last edited:
Associate
Nice choices overall mate - i have the HX850 PSU and it really is pretty silent. I would consider swapping your fans out for the Akasa Apache's though - i assume that this would be for push/pull on the H50's radiator?

A friend of mine has the Obsidian case and is raving about it on Skype every night!

Looks like a good setup overall

Associate
OP
I already have some silentx fans which are pretty silent and push a lot of air for how quiet they are, I will have a look at the Apace's though thx :). I was planning on using Scythe Kaze Maru's just for extra air flow from the bottom of the case as apparently the ones that come with the 800D are a bit wimpy :(.

Back
Top Bottom