The Most Quiet Case Fan

Associate
I need 2 new 120mm case fans, must be some of the quietest and give great airflow, help me out, have no idea! :(

Got 2 acryans atm, their great but like an aircraft carrier, specs were full of it.

Oh and while I’m at it, I need a quiet good performance cpu heatsink(or pipe) and fan that will fit a PH X4 9650 AM2+ with no mobo backplate change.

Last edited:
Associate
My machine is a Q6600/8gbRAMHD4850 and I have a pair of Noctua NF-S12s in it, slowed down to just above stalling - all I can hear is the GPU fan [an NF12 at full speed], and if I slow that down, the machine is almost entirely silent from anything more than a couple of feet away. All you can hear is the HDD.

I have heard good things about the Akasa quiet fans, but no experience of them I'm afraid.

Associate
Depending on personal taste,
Noctua S or P
Scythe Flex
Akasa Aapche

The new thermalright ones look Ok too.
You have to remember that the higher the rpm, the higher the noise.

Associate
OP
Ended up with

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready Modular Power Supply
Arctic Cooler Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler (Socket 939 / AM2 / AM2+ / 775 / 1156 / 1366)
Akasa AK-FN057 Apache Super Silent 120mm Fan - 4 Pin PWM

Soldato
i have the 64 pro on my phenom II full speed fan cant hear it all if you looking for ultimate cooling then the megahlams is your best friend!! with a couple of apache fans you will never look back

Associate
I have a pair of Enermax Cluster 120mm fans and the original 2 that came with the Antec 300 (set to medium) aswell as an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro and of the lot the original fans are the loudest and I can turn those down. If I jam the CPU fan on full it is the loudest of the lot but its not really needed to be at fell pelt.

Back
Top Bottom