Windows 7 Enterprise says it needs activated

Nor

Nor

Associate
Long story short. New install of Windows 7 Enterprise (90 day trial) 2 days ago onto new PC. PC wouldn't boot tonight and removed CMOS battery to sort it. Didn't reset date (was 2002).

Booted Windows. It gets all upset and says my install has expired and I need to activate it. Then, won't let me activate, says there's a security issue. Won't let me buy a key because it's not released it etc.

Any ideas?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Long story short. New install of Windows 7 Enterprise (90 day trial) 2 days ago onto new PC. PC wouldn't boot tonight and removed CMOS battery to sort it. Didn't reset date (was 2002).

Booted Windows. It gets all upset and says my install has expired and I need to activate it. Then, won't let me activate, says there's a security issue. Won't let me buy a key because it's not released it etc.

Any ideas?

complete reinstall :p

you can only use the "rearm" trick to extend a windows trial before it's expired. it thinks you've been messing with the date settings to try and extend your trial usage and has locked itself irrevocably as a result.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
complete reinstall :p

you can only use the "rearm" trick to extend a windows trial before it's expired. it thinks you've been messing with the date settings to try and extend your trial usage and has locked itself irrevocably as a result.

Cheers Aod. I take it I can't call MS and get a key to enter to activate it?

Soldato
Not really as one of the first questions will be:

"Why are you running the Enterprise edition on your home PC?"

If you were running it in the correct, corporate environment then either your IT department would have your key or they would be running their own activation server - so no need to contacts Microsoft's.

Associate
Not really as one of the first questions will be:

"Why are you running the Enterprise edition on your home PC?"

If you were running it in the correct, corporate environment then either your IT department would have your key or they would be running their own activation server - so no need to contacts Microsoft's.

Not if it's the free 90 day trial, which he can be using quite legitimately now.

Nor

Nor

Associate
OP
Windows 7 seems to have fixed itself :) It must have spoke to Microsoft of its own accord and it's now no longer asking to activate and not switching off every hour :) Happy days.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom