Bomb Iran?

Soldato
Iran has hidden a second enrichment facility.

We've been oppressing them for years because we fear them as a nuclear power, with the intention of persuading them with a carrot and stick to abandon their nuclear weapons programme.

Of course it's not very fair of of, but that's life.

They've now gone against us and have a second facility.

So... what do you think folks ... do we -

A) Bomb it ourselves
B) Wait on Israel bombing it, and say we support their actions
C) Wait on Israel bombing it, and in public say we disapprove of their unilateral actions, but in private we're relieved that they did it
D) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and put on some meaningful sanctions
E) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and put on some meaningless sanctions
F) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and no nothing else.

I'm in favour of C.

Suspended
A) Bomb it ourselves
B) Wait on Israel bombing it, and say we support their actions
C) Wait on Israel bombing it, and in public say we disapprove of their unilateral actions, but in private we're relieved that they did it
D) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and put on some meaningful sanctions
E) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and put on some meaningless sanctions
F) Do not bomb it, press Israel not to bomb it, and no nothing else.

I'm in favour of C.

Or how about:

G) Mind our own ******* business and live and let live? Who the **** are we to dictate to anyone that they can or cannot have nuclear weapons?

The US can go **** itself too - arrogant *******!

* There, I feel so much better :p

Soldato
OP
Ooh. This is getting interesting. I'm now having second thoughts.

How about

G - As long as Iran submit to our oppression, open up the site for immediate inspection, and the site is found to be not on the path to nuclear weapons it's all fine

I'm starting to think there may be something behind what Ahmadinejad has said....

I don't actually want to bomb Iran. But if they are attemping to build nuclear weapons it needs to happen. Better if Israel do it than us, but if they won't we have to.

Caporegime
Iran has hidden a second enrichment facility.

We've been oppressing them for years because we fear them as a nuclear power, with the intention of persuading them with a carrot and stick to abandon their nuclear weapons programme.

Of course it's not very fair of of, but that's life.

"Oppressing them for years"? How, exactly? And what time period are we talking about here? :confused:

Obviously we shouldn't bomb Iran. That would be pointless, dangerous and entirely counter-productive. It would be like hanging out a huge "WELCOME" mat to every Muslim with a half-baked grudge against the West and asking them if they'd like to pop into the country to blow a few things up on the weekend.

Iran should be dealt with via the UN.

Soldato
"Oppressing them for years"? How, exactly? And what time period are we talking about here? :confused:

Obviously we shouldn't bomb Iran. That would be pointless, dangerous and entirely counter-productive. It would be like hanging out a huge "WELCOME" mat to every Muslim with a half-baked grudge against the West and asking them if they'd like to pop into the country to blow a few things up on the weekend.

Iran should be dealt with via the UN.
Hello no.

Just start trade deals and stuff and they will soon like us.

Back
Top Bottom