How do you remove the bios chip?

RJC

RJC

Don
What motherboard are you needing to remove the BIOS chip, some manufacturers solder the chips onto the board.

Soldato
Don't remove the bios chip using a screwdriver.

That you need to ask which is the bios chip is not a good sign that you should be doing anything drastic to the board. RMA time

Man of Honour
CPU INIT error on the asus boards is almost always game over... assuming the backplate if you have one on your CPU heatsink isn't shorting something...

IMO use it as an opportunity to move away from asus.

Caporegime
CPU INIT error on the asus boards is almost always game over... assuming the backplate if you have one on your CPU heatsink isn't shorting something...

Nvidia 680i boards are the same, great at indicating when theyre dead and gone. my evga 680i a1, the supposed quad friendly board was the same, 3ghz max on a q6600, the board died, got an asus p5q deluxe. the same q6600 went to 3.8ghz with ease, but i did miss the 680i because of sli 7900gts and an e6600 at 3.7ghz. its such a pity as its still probably my favourite s775 board, if it could have clocked quads id have stuck with it but it wasnt to be, my p5q deluxe was fantastic but no sli, so im on i7 now and hoping to try sli gtx280's

Soldato
OP

Not for me I got lucky! It was just my own fault I bent the LCD POSTER pin connecter so two was touching each other and it made the motherboard FREAK OUT. :D All fixed now, thanks for the suggestions though :)

Back
Top Bottom