• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Well i had to be the first didnt i LOL 5870 Xfire ISSUE!

Soldato
Got a issue guys.

with my 2 cards.

in games its perfection. but on the desktop im starting to get a system freeze and its basicly becuse when i run GPUZ my system freezes, when i run ATI tool my system freezes.

here is why but i dont know how to fix it or if its the cards or the drivers.

when i go into overdrive

the first gpu its current desktop values are set to 157core 300 memory wich is correct.
also there is catylist window seems to be flickering

now here is the issue when i select the 2nd GPU its current values are the same
then after the catylist GPU windows flickers

the values will change to GPU clock 000mhz memory clock 000mhz

i dont know whats causeing it
becuse if i run test clocks its perfect then if i quicky run GPUZ it will run without freezeing the system but if i shut it down then start it back up system freeze becuse after a certain time the clocks on 1 of the gpus will revert to 000/000 again.

anyone having this issue becuse i have no idea whats causeing it
when i first installed the cards i didnt pay any attention to it becuse it wasnt something i was looking for at the time or GPUz to use ect ect

anyone have any ideas ? im puzzled lol

Soldato
OP
Nope its perfect with one enabled and xfire disabled via catylist
the catylist window still flickers but thats about it clocks stay the same and dont drop to 000/000

If i enable Xfire again the clocks on both gpus will be at there correct values but after about 5 seconds one of the gpus will revert to 000/000 and mess up my system when i try to run programs like GPUz or ATItool the reason there freezeing the system up is becuse its probably not being able to detect the 2nd cards correctly.

Caporegime
I'm sorry to say it m8 but you'll have a few issues being 1st out of the gate & all that. Wish I could help but think you'll have to be patient & wait for driver/software updates for the fixes.

Drivers are very very VERY early so far. Am thinking they kinda rushed them out of the door (with the tech being ready) & the driver team will have to catch up...

Soldato
I'd say remove one card at a time and test them individually to confirm that they're working fine on their own, then swap them over and see any of the symptoms cropping up in the CCC stay on the same card or move to the other. Might give an indication if its the sopftware or hardware related and eliminate any variables. Worth a try I reckon :)

Edit: Just posted and the above post appears, lol. Great you got them working. :)

Caporegime
Overdrive flickering is going to be normal now i think (started in 9.9's), it does it because its always monitoring i guess (so letting you know), as it only does it once every 5 secs.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Got another issue guys, this one i think i asked before cause this issue has happened with all cards i have had

for the life of me i cant run 3dmarks vantage LOL

during system scan before the tests happen
it just stays on that page forever LOL

anyone any ideas ?

Caporegime
Running Fraps? My Vantage wouldn't work with Fraps in the tray

And give us your score if you do get it running ;)

17774 here at stock, 18475 with it overclocked to 900/1300

Back
Top Bottom