mini itx with pci 16?

Associate
anybody know of a mother board which is mini itx, and has dual pci 16 slots? i want to use it in conjunction with the In-Win BM648, which has 2 low profile expansion slots in which i want to use in a crossfire setup with 2 ATI Radeon HD 4550's, anybody know of a board?

Soldato
It's not possible I'm afriad, the Mini-ITX spec only allows for one expansion slot. The two expansion slots can only be used if you have a Mini-DTX mainboard of which there arent any.

Associate
OP
ahh ic, hmmm whats the best mini itx mobo with a exp slot? with the ability to run quadcore processors? i know that the x58 asus rampage has one but i'm looking into just normal quadcore

Soldato
ahh ic, hmmm whats the best mini itx mobo with a exp slot? with the ability to run quadcore processors? i know that the x58 asus rampage has one but i'm looking into just normal quadcore

If you are meaning the Asus Rampage II Gene, then that is a micro ATX board - a bit bigger than a mini ITX board.

This board is very nice indeed and can run Core 2 Duo and Quad CPUs. This board has a single PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot, which is pretty much the best you can find for this board size.

Soldato
There is a mini-itx x58 board?

The Asus Rampage II Gene is a micro ATX board.

There's a fair few mini-ITX boards by Zotac which have 775 sockets and are good for the best of those cpus including the quads.

*edit: I don't believe it. All my thunder stolen while I browsed Zotacs website :(

Back
Top Bottom