New Case: Lian Li PC-A70F

Associate
Having greatly enjoyed pics of other builds, I thought I'd go ahead and post my own latest setup. Case is the Lian Li PC-A70F recently stocked by OCUK. Not a bad piece of kit I have to say.
img0008jb.jpg

The beast within:
img0009b.jpg

Interesting clip design, not bad:
img0013q.jpg

But not really liking the drive cage or what it'll do to case airflow:
img0012b.jpg

Out she goes:
img0014io.jpg

In go the drives, nice and out of the way:
img0018n.jpg

The front, as is:
img0011z.jpg

In goes the Scythe Kama bay for extra air intake (standard fan replaced with the 1600rpm Scythe S-Flex:
img0016ga.jpg

In goes the E-ATX Rampage II along with some cable tidying. Very roomy:
img0025pj.jpg

In goes the 295:
img0027jq.jpg

Case in profile:
img0030dy.jpg

Lights:
img0035x.jpg

Action:
img0038xr.jpg

In all a very nice case. Pair of 140mms + one 120mm intaking plenty of cool air, which helps with the gfx card. Exhaust is out the top by way of two 120mms.

Soldato
Really nice case that, it's on my list but haven't made my mind up yet. I need to ask though, why a full tower when you have so few components in? The reason I ask is because the only reason I would have a full tower is to watercool, which my next build will be, for the extra room.
Is it just for the extra airflow?

Oh and 1 last thing, you need a black optical drive :p

Associate
OP
Chose a full tower for future proofing. The room also gives me quite a few options for messing with internal airflow, which is a big deal because the 295 unhelpfully exhausts hot air into the case itself. Also, the i920 is OCed to 4Ghz. Fortunately, at present, I'm getting temperatures not far from those posted by chaps with full watercooling setups but without any of the associated risks.

The optical drive colour mismatch is a good point, but I kinda like the aesthetic :)

zia

zia

Associate
Very nice build, ;) did you have any issues with tooless pcie holder not locking in the upright position?

zia

Associate
OP
@zia - thanks. Most challenging part was angling in the card to slot properly into place, but no, no serious issues otherwise. Everything tightly locked down.

Associate
OP
I've modified the standard fan setup slightly. I left the front two 140mm intakes alone but added a modified Kama Bay for a third intake. Have two exhausts out the back, one of which is standard. In all, the case is quiet but not silent. It's all subjective but to give you an idea, despite the 6 fans in the box, I can sometimes hear the hard drives. The fan on the graphics card is the loudest component, but only at load. I chose this case over the 71FB exactly for the open front, as I wanted unimpeded airflow. As for overall cooling, I've found this setup to be top notch. Hope this helps.

As for the optical drive colour comments, well, thanks for your thoughts.

Associate
It'll fit without issue as the holes on it match 5.25" devices. That said, I've got a Karma bay, and tbh, It's poorly made and there are horrific gaps around it. The Lian Li alternatives that Arcane used in his recent build look far better quality: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=15762750&postcount=2, however, I've no idea where he got them from as the only ones I can find have Lian Li branding on the front (which is uglyfailcake).

Caporegime
Thanks Dinkas, my kama bay does have a few gaps round the edges on my current akasa eclipse, though in the pics posted by Seneker above, it looks to be a better fit on the A70. The non labeled Lian li units do look very nice as well though.

Back
Top Bottom