Finally got a S2000

Associate
After 6 months I have finally found a S2000 in good condition!
I had a budget of £8k but really wanted to spend a bit less. After seeing over 6 s2000’s with torn roofs, 7+ owners, bad repairs, missed services ect, I was about to give up.

Until on September the 24 on my birthday I want to see a Monte Carlo blue 02reg, 71000 miles on the clock, one owner and full Honda service history. Its immaculate and the best bit about was that I paid £6500 for it. Only bad thing about the car is the wheels need refurbishing.

Im so happy with it. The best bit about it is the engine! On the way home it only really hit me how fast this car is. My last car was a VX220 NA. this car was nippy but struggled at higher speeds. The s just keeps pulling! It is a much more refined car than the VX too. I loved the VX for its handling and the way it was so hardcore but in the end it had to go because it was just to impractical. For me the S is much more suited for my needs.

I was on the verge of giving up on finding a S and nearly went for a Z4. im glad I stuck it out now.

Ill get some pics up soon.

Soldato
Good man, i'm also on the hunt for an S2000 at the moment! Was that S advertised on the owners forum?

I have a similar budgets but they are either imports (which I still might get) or have knackered seat bolsters or damaged roofs as you say!

Soldato
think i saw that beaut advertised. a few creeping into that price range now.

whatever you do, change the stock 5 spoke alloys if its got them. do not suit at all, awful.

facelift OEM 17s go along way ;)

Soldato
Nope, there's a lot between a 5 and 7k. Remember they are a common car and some are 10 years old.

Something inside wants me to save up for one at that kind of money but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Jesus! a decent example was around £10k when I was looking around last winter. So went for the Z4 for the same kind of price. Which I'm fairly confident I'd get at least £9k for now :)

Back
Top Bottom