Which P55 Motherboard?

Associate
I'm stuck deciding on a motherboard for a new i5 system, I'm looking to spend around £100-£120, any suggestions of which is the best for this price range?

Soldato
What about the LE version for £100. Only difference i can see is it has 8+2 phase power compared to 12+2 phase of the non LE version

Aye, its worth a look. The only changes I can see compared to the non-LE board are the power design (as you said), 6 vs 7 SATA ports, not supporting DDR3 2133MHz RAM (OC) RAM and no firewire.

Nothing there will affect the performance much at all, though I would probably want to see a review that confirms it clocks an i5 up to 4GHz before I start recommending it.

Soldato
Aye, its worth a look. The only changes I can see compared to the non-LE board are the power design (as you said), 6 vs 7 SATA ports, not supporting DDR3 2133MHz RAM (OC) RAM and no firewire.

Nothing there will affect the performance much at all, though I would probably want to see a review that confirms it clocks an i5 up to 4GHz before I start recommending it.

Yep im going to be looking for a few reviews. Im going to be on the lookout for an i5 board in the next week and wont be spending over £100, especially as the CPU will cost at least £140 and the RAM £70 - £80. I'll probably get the CPU last with the proceeds of flogging my 775 kit.

Ive already heard great things about the Gigabyte UD2 Matx board for only £86 but id rather have a full sized board as the littlke MATX board would be full straight away with my GFX card, TV card and X-Fi

Associate
Ive already heard great things about the Gigabyte UD2 Matx board for only £86

I'm struggling to find any decent reviews of this board or even user comments.
I wonder if the 4 phase power will limit the OC potential?

Edit:

Just seen some pages stating 6 phase. Not sure how many it really is now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom