Smart Dress?

Soldato
Start a new job next week and was told that the code is Smart Dress. Please explain what this is? I've gone out and bought some smart formal trousers and some shirts.

Smart Shirt (no tie)
Smart Trousers
Smart shoes
Belt

Will this be ok?

D5T

D5T

Associate
Turn up with a tie on and you can always remove it to fit in.
Your employers will appreciate the fact that you were ready to fit any situation.

Soldato
the code is Smart Dress. Please explain what this is?
bd5e1.jpg

EDIT: Gah vonhelmet beat me to it

Soldato
Wear a tie on your first day, no harm in it and if no one else is wearing one you may feel a little silly but the next day you can just take it off, this way you won't look scruffy if you come in and everyone else is.

Soldato
Didn't you have an interview for the job? What were the people who interviewed you wearing?*

*Note, this does not work if you were interviewed by laydeez.

Caporegime
Do wht every other office worker seems to do for their "smart" dress, wear a pair of trousers too short, and a really baggy and ill fitting shirt, then stick a crappy looking tie into the mix. Perhaps even get a baggy suit jacket that doesn't match the trousers if you want to go really "smart". Nice and "smart" then... :p

Soldato
OP
Do wht every other office worker seems to do for their "smart" dress, wear a pair of trousers too short, and a really baggy and ill fitting shirt, then stick a crappy looking tie into the mix. Perhaps even get a baggy suit jacket that doesn't match the trousers if you want to go really "smart". Nice and "smart" then... :p

no thanks. I'll wear a tie with my shirts. Sorted lol.

Permabanned
Are you 100% certain that "smart dress" doesn't mean just that, and that they expect you to roll up in some off the shoulder little black number?

GHz

GHz

Associate
Wear a LBD

Only kidding, wear black shoes, black trousers, smart shirt, tie and make sure you look clean and tidy and you can't go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom