Which music speakers dock for ipod

Soldato
I've got a touch and now want to be able to charge and play music from a decent set of speakers.

I was looking at the docks this weekend several different types and prices.

However it's hard to google without getting 150+ types and I'm lost really so want to know if you guys have any and if so which ones did you plump for?

Thanks,

John

Soldato
not a dock but google "XMI X-mini II Mini Speaker" its about £14 on the jungle site, it is an awsome little speaker. my mate has one and it even suprised me how loud and clear they are. you can also connect them together and have a chain of them :p

one and a charge wire and u saved some pennies :)

if it must be a dock ive been looking at Sony ICF-C1IPMK2 also on jungle site for about £60.

Soldato
Be sure the dock you buy supports usb charging and not just firewire, the bose sound dock doesn't i believe!

I have a griffin amplifi and it sounds amazing, the bass is stunning for a dock, it doesn't charge the newer iphone and touches though due to the above issue.

Soldato
Be sure the dock you buy supports usb charging and not just firewire, the bose sound dock doesn't i believe!

They do now, the 'series II'.

My opinions:

For kids/the girlfriend: Amethyst iPig/iPanda, £50, these things sound amazing for how tiny they are.

Middle price: Sony SRS-GU10iP has impressed me recently, about £100. Sounds nice, looks nice, decent price. Sounds as good as the JBLs imo, if not better, and much cheaper.

Top end: Skip the SoundDocks, they're not all they're cracked up to be, build quality is disappointingly poor. If you're going to spend out, do it properly and get a Zeppelin, these things are incredible. £392

Soldato
OP
Just got a new generation 32GB touch I've been trying to read up on this charging problem but it's confusing.

Are you saying that some older docks don't charge your ipod due to a change in ping config between 2nd and 3rd generation?

Does this affect the itouch or just the phone version?

I'd be looking at around 100-150 mark as it would be my main system for the house.

Soldato
Just got a new generation 32GB touch I've been trying to read up on this charging problem but it's confusing.

Are you saying that some older docks don't charge your ipod due to a change in ping config between 2nd and 3rd generation?

Does this affect the itouch or just the phone version?

I'd be looking at around 100-150 mark as it would be my main system for the house.

I think after the iphone 2g and 1st gen touch the charging changed :)

Back
Top Bottom