Spec me a new car

Associate
My old one died last week.

Budget is £1500 and I need it to be economical (I do a lot of motorway miles) and reliable.

That's it really, nice looks, fun to drive etc would all be a bonus but the above points are the critical ones.

Soldato
If you don't want a Mondeo then the Focus will be the next one down.

Size wise but not cost wise..

According to parkers, a Y reg Focus 1.6 Zetec would cost about 2500, but a Y Reg Mondeo 1.8 Zetec would be about £1600 (dealer prices)

The Mondeo Zetec has more kit too :)

Soldato
Which is exactly why you shouldn't take Parkers as the last say. My X Reg Focus Ghia cost £1800 with a year's MOT and Tax. My friends Zetec cost him £1550. He's had it for a year and a half now and has only ever changed the window wipers.

Soldato
Which is exactly why you shouldn't take Parkers as the last say. My X Reg Focus Ghia cost £1800 with a year's MOT and Tax. My friends Zetec cost him £1550. He's had it for a year and a half now and has only ever changed the window wipers.

I probably shouldnt have quoted the first figure which is the dealer price, but it proves the point anyway.

Same again, X reg Focus Ghia £1325 - £2040 (which ties in with yours). X reg Mondeo Ghia £1080 - £1540.

Don't get me wrong, the Focus is a superb car which is exactly why it's worth more than an equivalent Mondeo - but looking at one because your budget wont stretch to a decent Mondeo isnt the best move

Soldato
Don't get me wrong, the Focus is a superb car which is exactly why it's worth more than an equivalent Mondeo - but looking at one because your budget wont stretch to a decent Mondeo isnt the best move

"If you don't want a Mondeo then the Focus will be the next one down" was with respect to him not liking it not, not being able to afford it.

Back
Top Bottom