Last 'play' you had with another road user

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Another mini driver on the lotus roads a few days ago, ace fun and big thumbs up when we got to the roundabout onto the A11.

Wasn't a play but I went past a Tuscan S in some awesome purple flipflop paint stuck my thumb up and wound the window down and he dropped a cog and FLEW by. That noise :o

Soldato
I found the same Passhat again on the way to work, although this time he knew what he had coming :(

Don't know what engine it was, but he kept up for a good bit, until it was time to drop a cog because I was fed up with him alongside me :cool:

Associate
In my Xsara VTS I pulled away from a traffic light with a car in front somewhere on the outskirts of Leeds, after we had passed the junction I overtook the car in front, having held the car in 2nd gear. Continued at full acceleration up the road, next thing I know a blue Audi RS4 who I had failed to spot at the traffic lights a few cars back had overtaken the other cars and caught me up at considerable pace, made it look like I was standing still the speed he was able to catch me!

Caporegime
I dont "play" so to speak but i do notice that since i drive an auto i usually pull away from the lights faster than other cars, which usually has the effect of the car in the next lane roaring into life just to pass me. :confused: Inevitably meet them at the next set of lights, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Last proper play I had with anyone was with an RS4 up in the scottish highlands.... The combination of having an extra 150 or so bhp and local knowledge put me at an unsurmountable disadvantage, but it was a lot of fun.

Most of the time there's not much point in getting involved in petty squables though, the vast majority of them are forgone conclusions...

Soldato
In my Rascal van, saw a 911 crusing down the road so thought I'd give chase. Ended up taking him on the corner. Met up with him at the next set of lights and smoked him down the 1/4. Felt like such a man :D

Soldato
Wasn't driving but was getting a lift home in a friends Seat Leon 20vt (remapped and cupra alloys).

Had a play with some chavs in a 1 litre something corsa who were trying it on with a middle aged guy in a 2.0TDi Golf. Was over fairly quickly, leaving the corsa by itself back at the roundabout.

Had a Honda S2000 come screaming up behind us as we approached a roundabout on our inside, it held the roundabout like glue while we were going sideways, but as we came off the roundabout we stuck by its tail. The S2000 didn't smell too great :/

Soldato
I had a great laugh last Thursday evening. Was out in the Baja and coming back home I had this lowered pimped up Ford Cougar right up my tailpipes. When we entered a short stretch of dual carriageway this car roasted past me. Half a mile up the road, he turned off the way I was going along another mile of road (not residential) which has got speed bumps all along its length.

My time had arrived. He had to slow right down over every bump. By about half way down, I'd caught up and as there was no other traffic (its straight and you can see the whole length of the road) I flew past him..... literally. ;)

Soldato
I wouldn't really call it a play as I wasn't out for a race but taking the Coupe for it's MOT, came to a set of traffic lights on an NSL dual carriagway with an MGF next to me.

I'd been giving the Coupe a bit of pedal due to it sitting so long and wanting to really get the Forte fuel treatment through the system.

So anyway, I set off normally and boot it. Having quite a large open cone filter fitted, the car makes one hell of a noise. I like loud cars, but this one is LOUD :D Anyway, this MGF must have thought I wanted a go and proceeds to give it some. Obviously, having a 1.8 under the bonnet he's a little bit quicker, but I had the biggest grin on my face throughout :D

Sometimes, fast cars are boring!

Back
Top Bottom