Iphone - Home button doesnt work

Caporegime
I got my iPhone 3G on the day it was released.

A problem developed on Saturday where the home button doesnt work. The screen is also lose and there is dust under it. I dont know if the two are related and dust has got into the button.

Now as the phone is out of warranty can I simply make a claim on my O2 insurance policy?

Any advise/experience of similar would be great.

Thanks

Simon

Soldato
Well first see if Apple will repair it out of the kindness of their hearts, if not then say it was not fit for purpose under SOGA and the "reasonable amount of time" clause regarding how long you would expect to last.

You shouldn't need the claim on insurance

Caporegime
OP
That means going to an Apple shop though, and I dont plan to go to Milton Keynes or London in the near future.

02 site is down too so I cant even log into my account

Caporegime
OP
I rang O2, they said it's only covered for lost/stolen or accidental damage.

Ive done a reset through software which, as expected, didnt help.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, I have dropped it several times so I guess it is cumulative.

Plus the screen has come loose so theres all kind of crap under the screen.

Caporegime
OP
Oh well it fell out my pocket when doing the tyre pressures on my car. The screen is now a hazard to my finger due to so many sharp glass edges.

I had already made a claim and all was ok until they realised they had no 3G 8gb in stock. I ring them again on Monday and insist on a replacement iPhone, boggo 3G or not!

Associate
i dropped my iphone 3g last year and the home button stopped working, i just went into the genius bar and showed it to them they replaced it there and then with a brand new one, no paperwork needed or anything,

Back
Top Bottom