Where can I buy Cranberries?

Caporegime
I know, very random question but I've been looking around for ages but can't find any.

Either fresh or frozen is fine, however all I can find is cranberry sauce and juice, neither of which actually have cranberry "bits" in.:(

daz

daz

Soldato
Dried cranberries seem pretty common in supermarkets these days, usually in the same section as prunes and raisins.

Soldato
for dreid cranberries, I'd give holland and barret a try. other than that, I cant say I've ever shopped for cranberries, and just assumed they'd be in supermarkets :confused: apparently not

You can get dried cranberries in supermarkets, they're normally beside raisins.

EDIT: I don't think I've ever seen fresh cranberries in a shop. Perhaps a fruit shop would have them?

Associate
The problem with dried cranberries that you buy in supermarkets is they've been pumped full of sugar, some even list it before cranberries in the ingredients (order of ingredients relating to % in product) fresh cranberries are really bitter to taste though.

Caporegime
OP
Dried cranberries I don't think will do, however maybe adding them to some cranberry sauce or juice...

Unforunately Ocodo don't do fresh or frozen. It's a bit odd that you don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere, yet still get juice, sauce and dried. :(

Man of Honour
you can get fresh cranberrys around Christmas time from supermarkets. No help now but in 4 weeks or so they should start appearing.

Caporegime
OP
Ah ok, thanks, I assumed they would be seasonal which is why I didn't mind frozen ones, however there doesn't seem to be any of those around either. :)

Caporegime
OP
:p

I would tell you but I'd get banned... ;)

Actually I want to make a cranberry sauce to go over the top of a slow roast lamb.:p

Caporegime
OP
Another random request, could anyone with a Tesco online account just have a check and see if they do frozen cranberries next time you log on?

I would do it myself however you need to register and as I don't have a clubcard I don't want to have to fill in the stupidly long form and sign myself up for one, just to see if they sell them online...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom