Budget of £100, can you help me find a case?

Soldato
hi, i have a budget of £100 for a new case , trouble is now after reading so many reviews i cant find what i want, am i expecting too much:D
aluminum would be nice
all black inside and out would be nice (dont think any aluminum ones are)
if the psu goes at the bottom would like it to have vents in it
plenty of room for big graphics cards of the next type, new nvidia or atis
plenty of fans if possible, or at least options of adding extras
oh and good cable management is a must
maybe better with out window as every one i see looks like it shows too much if you know what i mean, dont wanna see hdd`s and such

is this too much of a ask with a £100 budget?

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
yeah it is hard to find the perfect case on a budget i hate plastic on my case anywere lol except the window

ive been looking at the pc7f with the view on doing a few mods to it to allow the psu to breath abit and posible adding in a couple of 120mm fans in the roof and a small window, but after going on to the site i realised there is a pc7fn model that address`s a few of the pc7f let downs, but cant find it on sale anywhere

Man of Honour
well decided on the lian li pc50 armoursuit, after a couple of mods to fans and put a window in i think i`ll be happy

It's a good case but i found it to be very cramped after coming from a TT Armour. Build quality is excellent which is to be expected from Lian Li. OCUK's price is a bit steep though. There is a windowed version available now as well.

An alternative is the Lancool Dragon-Lord PC-K62. It's steel but has exactly the same features as the PC-P50 plus a window but for £50 less. Lancool is the budget arm of Lian Li so quality is still high. If i knew this case was coming out i would'nt have got the PC-P50.

Soldato
OP
yeah i did see the k62 and it was appealing but the aluminum of the pc50 swayed me lol, and i will add a mindow at some point, ive had a big case before and to be honest i allways thought everything looked a bit lost in it, how do you find the cable managment in your pc50 is it as good as it looks, oh and got it for £118 inc delivery which for the extra £30 over the k62 thought it was worth it

Man of Honour
Cable management is ok but the psu's main 24pin lead makes thing's interesting. Lian Li could have done with making a extra 5mm of space behind the rear of the mobo tray. The cut out's in the side of the hdd rack/mobo tray could do with being a little bigger too.

Soldato
ive been looking at the pc7f with the view on doing a few mods to it to allow the psu to breath abit and posible adding in a couple of 120mm fans in the roof and a small window, but after going on to the site i realised there is a pc7fn model that address`s a few of the pc7f let downs, but cant find it on sale anywhere

This is the case I decided on, the place I got it from are out of stock atm but I am in no rush. The reason I ordered that one is exactly the reason you stated, it addresses the pc7f's let downs

Soldato
OP
This is the case I decided on, the place I got it from are out of stock atm but I am in no rush. The reason I ordered that one is exactly the reason you stated, it addresses the pc7f's let downs

i couldnt find any stock of pc7fn , so ordered the pc50 armoursuit

hyperst, i have a nice suggestion for you, the question is the availability :)

http://www.fractal-design.com/?view=product&category=2&prod=32

It's 695 SEK in some swedish shops, that is 68€ or 62 GBP. The only real question are the long graphics cards, they seems to colide with the "uber" HDD rack :
http://www.fractal-design.com/img_prod/inner_system.jpg

sidenote: /me waiting for that case for my fileserver :p
there nice but too late as i have the pc50 armoursiut now

dont think the fans are upto much though in the armoursuit, they dont seem to push much air about unfortunatly, will be swapping them out soon though

Man of Honour
i couldnt find any stock of pc7fn , so ordered the pc50 armoursuit

there nice but too late as i have the pc50 armoursiut now

dont think the fans are upto much though in the armoursuit, they dont seem to push much air about unfortunatly, will be swapping them out soon though

The roof exhaust fans are good but i swapped the front intake and rear exhausts for Yate Loons. I got a extra hdd cage as well with another 120mm Yate Loon on it giving me two intakes and three exhausts. It works well and temps are lower than they were in my old TT armour, not to mention better looking and quieter.

Man of Honour
Not a very good one but here you go

PC-P50B-1.jpg

Lower hdd cage sticks out further because it's not the correct one. They were unavailable at the time so i made do with another one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom