***The Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread***

Associate
Just a heads up, there was originally a choice of pre-ordering the LE from somewhere and getting the painted Audi or from a high street retailer and getting the Evo.

The high street one is now offering both. I preordered from them online last week, I just hope it arrives on release day, I normally pre-order from the other well known online retailer (which I have done for COD MW2)...

*Naughty Pic*

As far as I know all pre-orders get the Audi R10 with custom paintjob. Then depending on where you pre order you get either a custom BMW M3 or an Evo 10. You might want to remove the pic too, no hot linking and its direct from a competitor ;)

Associate
And yet you've duplicated it with your quote? ;)

Odd it should say *Naughty Pic.* I edited it after I posted as I noticed the hotlink abit late. Stupid thing!

*edit* It wont go away, there isnt even a link to the pic in my post and its still showing up!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a heads up, there was originally a choice of pre-ordering the LE from somewhere and getting the painted Audi or from a high street retailer and getting the Evo.

The high street one is now offering both. I preordered from them online last week, I just hope it arrives on release day, I normally pre-order from the other well known online retailer (which I have done for COD MW2)...

Works for me?

Why do they have to keep showing videos with the race line on. Are all their programmers/testers rubbish drivers?

Caporegime
I don't use the suggested line at all and turn it off completely. I do however have all the assists on apart from of course auto brake.

Turn off traction control. It's slows you down so much! In Forza 2 I could drive any car with TC off, driving a 700bhp+ Mustang with TC off is so much fun!

Soldato
Turn off traction control. It's slows you down so much! In Forza 2 I could drive any car with TC off, driving a 700bhp+ Mustang with TC off is so much fun!

I did struggle with a Lingenfelter which had about 900lb/ft of torque and 800hp - it would wheelspin changing into 4th! Other than that though everything was TC off and much more fun!

Soldato
Real men don't use any assists.

In other news, I've succumbed, ordered the MS wheel today, if it doesn't turn out to be intolerably awful (either wheel or Forza 3 demo) then I'll be getting the full game on release day.

I'm weak. :p

Associate
Works for me?

Why do they have to keep showing videos with the race line on. Are all their programmers/testers rubbish drivers?

Nah I think its more to do with tempting new people into the world of Forza. A big part of the build up has been how they are trying to target a much wider audience this time round. Racing line and auto brake etc have are a big part of this and I suspect its why its in all the video's.

Associate

Really? OK i'll give it a try. My best time in the EVO is 1.12.4 so i'll see if that improves my laptimes.

EDIT: Well i tried it without traction control and not only was it quicker i found it much easier!

I did a 1.12.6 after only a handful of laps so 2 tenths off my best but i took around 60 laps to set that best time in the first place. I'd done 25 laps or so this afternoon with the TC on and couldn't even get under 1.13. Car just doesn't seem to slide as much with the traction control off?!

EDIT AGAIN: Now down to a 1.12.1. If i stick at it i should easily get in the mid 1.11.5's. That's with a pad, auto gears and stability control and anti lock breaks on, everything else off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Real men don't use any assists.

In other news, I've succumbed, ordered the MS wheel today, if it doesn't turn out to be intolerably awful (either wheel or Forza 3 demo) then I'll be getting the full game on release day.

I'm weak. :p

Ive also succumbed, ordered a "Porsche 911 Turbo S" setup, £320... I just hope it is better than my G25, that way i can sell that, give the MS Wireless wheel away and use the one wheel for all three systems. :) November delivery sucks though. :(

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Ive also succumbed, ordered a "Porsche 911 Turbo S" setup, £320... I just hope it is better than my G25, that way i can sell that, give the MS Wireless wheel away and use the one wheel for all three systems. :) November delivery sucks though. :(

Let me know nearer the time, interested in both and will save you some postage ;)

Caporegime
Really? OK i'll give it a try. My best time in the EVO is 1.12.4 so i'll see if that improves my laptimes.

EDIT: Well i tried it without traction control and not only was it quicker i found it much easier!

I did a 1.12.6 after only a handful of laps so 2 tenths off my best but i took around 60 laps to set that best time in the first place. I'd done 25 laps or so this afternoon with the TC on and couldn't even get under 1.13. Car just doesn't seem to slide as much with the traction control off?!

EDIT AGAIN: Now down to a 1.12.1. If i stick at it i should easily get in the mid 1.11.5's. That's with a pad, auto gears and stability control and anti lock breaks on, everything else off.

It takes all the power away when the car slides, which is a pain. You really don't need TCS or STM unless the car is really powerful.

Oh and
COD_day3_1.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom