Things wrong in UK - whoever stands up - I will follow.

Associate
First of all, I wasn't born in UK but lived here for over 15 years now.
Some of the things happening here begger belief. Beyond belief.

Some of you might say that you can leave uk etc etc and while this holds true, this is my home.

In my own country, things would not be like this and while i accept that no where is perfect, living in uk has begun to feel like a burden.

Here are things that need changing

1. Knife crime : this is becoming like a bad nightmare. Arrest and prison.
2. No early parole : you do your time.
3. Transport : what is wrong with these? Disband unions - fine trains that are delayed.
4. Child care : Why penalize us and pay it to the poor? We aren't rich either.
5. Finance : stop borrowing or uk will go bankrupt. Cuts have to happen.
6. Youth asbos : they got trackers so track them. Moment they breach, they go to jail.
7. Benefits cut for long term unemployed if they fail to look for jobs.
8. police to spend more time catching burglers, rapers, thieves rather than fine motorists.
9. Stop blaming people for mistakes. banks messed up, but how many bankers in a bank actually get big bonuses? This is nothing different from filmstars, singers, company directors, oil&gas companies.
10. stop political correctness. Abolish laws to protect children. Make that law forefeit the moment the children commit serious crime.
11. If thieves are in your house, you are legally allowed to apprehend them in any way possible.
12. Nationalize public services. Thats what its for, not to make money out of us who already pay lots and lots tax.
etc etc

The most distressing news I have read in THIS WEEK.

1. pregnant woman raped.
2. mother/daughter suicide.
3. knife murder.
4. knife murder.
5. Dinner lady fired for telling man about bullying.
etc etc.

TRUST ME, if someone did that to my partner, they will not live much longer.

How many of you feel safe walking the streets at night when a group of hoodies approach you?

How many of you will NOT be worried about their childrens safety at school or somewhere else?

Why are we limited to Tories or Labor or Lib dems?

Why won't someone, maybe you start a party, and fix these things.

Because if someone did, I will vote for you.

Soldato
I would love to stand up but not sure where to start, maybe a website? Maybe a group...

Actually, forget this post as it will only end up in me ranting.

ags

Soldato
Sensationalist scaremongering thread.

Half of what you've written isn't true or is exaggerated.

10. stop political correctness. Abolish laws to protect children. Make that law forefeit the moment the children commit serious crime.

Seriously?

Soldato
Interesting post.

Sadly we are now expected to just put up with all of this.

Shame really. Many of the evils in this country are direct consequences of New Labour's idiocracy.

Oh well, it's us the graduate generation who will be paying silly taxes all our lives to make up for a man with a big grin's meddlings and a baboon in a suit's turd-throwing.

Soldato
I don't walk the streets at night. ;)

Exactly the point, where are the police? I know a road in Reading that I have to walk down to get to town, there is a gang on the road EVERY time that cause trouble to anyone who walk past them, and I have seen police cars drive past them numerous times, why can't they simply pull over, give a nice little warning to them and ask them to move elsewhere/prove ID/question or even arrest them for causing public fear...

ags

Sensationalist scaremongering thread.

Half of what you've written isn't true or is exaggerated.

Seriously?

+1

I have never encountered knife crime or many of things you go on about. Things are much worse elsewhere, the US for instance. At least here you wont get chucked in some vermin pit for not bribing the police.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
1. Knife crime : this is becoming like a bad nightmare. Arrest and prison.
2. No early parole : you do your time.

TRUST ME, if someone did that to my partner, they will not live much longer.

So by your own admission you want to enforce tougher sentances, but you also wish to let it me known that you'd willingly do said sentance if provoked?

Not saying there's anything flawed in your argument, I'm simply saying that we all know (unfortunately) that sentancing in the UK is rather lapse at the moment (hence why your first 2 points are valid), and because of this 'perhaps' people are enforcing your 'following' about taking matters into their own hands.

Catch 22.

Like I said, it's NOT a criticism of your statement, just highlighting what others may believe.

Soldato
7. Benefits cut for long term unemployed if they fail to look for jobs.

Is the one I Feel most strongly about, its really really crippling the UK I know personally at least 5 people that are on benefits (at least JSA, some on housing council tax benefit) and have ZERO intention of finding a job, infact go out of their way to avoid getting a job, all of them have paid NOTHING or very little into the government fund and take money out, there must be tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people in the UK doing this and it really mounts up.

I have no issue with benefits to people that really deserve it and want to find a job, its the people that dont want a job or chavtastic mums who have baby after baby and expect us to pick up the tab!

Back
Top Bottom