House Alarms Going Off

Soldato
What is the procedure for these dam things, we have 2 around here that randomly go off at all times. Sometimes not for ages but then a spell where its on and off all night.

I have found out where the main offender is coming from (address) but im not sure if this is a police matter or an environmental health one, there doesnt seem to be anyone in the house but im reluctant to call the police as i dont really see what they can do.

Associate
Contact your council

The first thing they will ask is for you to start a log of the times it goes off and how long for.

Without the date and time log they wont be able to do anything. If you get on well with people in your area ask them to do the same. The more people reporting it the quicker it should be dealt with.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
We have a college a few doors up that is now empty, The Alarm kept going off. The Alarm got ripped off the wall by one of the local residents & it now don't bother anybody.
Obviously I didn't rip it off the wall in a frenzy & I am not suggesting you do the same.

Associate
We have a college a few doors up that is now empty, The Alarm kept going off. The Alarm got ripped off the wall by one of the local residents & it now don't bother anybody.
Obviously I didn't rip it off the wall in a frenzy & I am not suggesting you do the same.

Sure you didnt ;)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Most effective way is to use fire extinguisher foam to freeze it & then Whack it with a hammer, Apparently it shatters making very little noise.

I read this on wikigooglebooktwitterface.com whilst playing FPS games which forced me to think about it but not actually do it.

Soldato
Try and find who owns it first and try speaking to them about it before taking it any further.

The house opposite mine goes off about once a month but it must be linked to the police because every single time it goes off we have about 3-4 police cars surrounding the place within minutes! It is a huge place though and I know the woman who lives there is a high court judge, the police must be pretty annoyed about it now.

Back
Top Bottom