Nasty fuel pipe

Soldato
This pipe was feeding petrol to my car's fuel filter. It looked a bit deteriorated so I changed it for some nice braided hose. When I got it off I found this:
PIC_0003.jpg

PIC_0004.jpg

PIC_0002.jpg

PIC_0001.jpg

I don't know if petrol has been oozing out of this horrible pipe, but the car's never been that good on fuel!

Soldato
Doubt it would have been leaking either. Although, tis borderline close to, if you have any sort of fire it would not have taken long to get into that hose and then you would have been in big doo doo.

I always swap over my hoses every 12 thousand miles or 12 months. Just to be safe :)

It's cheap as chips to replace lines/hoses so I don't know why people don't bother, it helps prevent TONS of problems later on :)

ags

Soldato
I take it you're talking about a bike then ags, i fail to see the need to do it every year on a car, once swapped they should last 10 years plus!

Yea, Ducati as well, as we all know the problems they have!

Plus, I'm a all seasoned rider so salt and crap builds up and eats through everything, ACF 50 is my bestest friend :)

ags

Soldato
What car did that pipe come off? Several people on Locostbuilders have fitted flexible fuel pipe that is marked as suitable for petrol but which has degraded to a similar state within a couple of years.

Soldato
I'd be surprised if it was actually leaking fuel. Even a tiny amount of fuel leaking is quite easy to smell.

Still, I wouldn't want to be driving around with my fuel pipe looking like that.

Soldato
OP
This was off my Nissan Rasheen. I don't think it's the original Nissan pipe, I must have fitted it the same time I did the fuel filter, Feb 2007.
So a couple of years is quite accurate.
It came from a local motor factor, I think.

Back
Top Bottom