• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Did Futuremark ever sort out the "linked adaptor" problem on 3DM?

Soldato
been searching around and it still seems to haunt people, 3DM 06 just refuses to see my second 4770 which is rather annoying as i am getting about 200 points extra from Xfire

Admittedly its only a benchmark, and games run really well (excluding Crysis which halfs the framerate lol) but its nice to see what your hard earned money has paid for :)

Soldato
OP
3D Mark 05 and 06 have a habit of not recognising second linked cards e.g SLI / CROSSFIRE - always shows up in system details as "LINKED ADAPTORS - FALSE"

so the bench only ever runs in single card mode, the problem was solved in Vantage as they used an updated system, they mentioned a patch being made to solve the issue in the older benchmarks.

Soldato
As far as I know that was simply a heading and has no effect on the score, there is no multi display adaptor mode as that is handled by the drivers anyway.

It would kind of defeat the point of a benchmark if it changed how it operated.

Soldato
OP
There's a known issue in the SystemInfo module (3DMark03/05/06 and PCMark05) that it doesn't report SLI/Crossfire correctly. PCMark Vantage has a new version of the SystemInfo module, and should report SLI/Crossfire correctly.

We are looking into this issue.

Cheers,

Nick

that from a FM staff member, so they know it exists

Associate
Last edited:
Soldato
OP
brilliant, just getting those down now so i can have a go when i get in.....fingers arms/eyes crossed it will make the difference.

did yours show as FALSE right up to getting the update too yeh ?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok so it looks like the latest patches have sorting things for me too :)

Seem to be hitting a CPU ceiling with 3dmark 06 i think, it just wont push past 11,600 points :(.

defo made a difference in 3DM 05 though, jump up to 17532 with the update realising i have 2 cards :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom