My brothers school laptop

Associate
I don't think any school would like one of their laptops being wiped and installed with a dubious OS , or any other OS. Also , the accounts are probably limited for a reason.

I guess it depends on the agreement though.

Soldato
OP
Yeah that's what I was thinking but well it's his laptop, the schools giving away EEE PC 904s. He pays £5 a month for it so it's basically his. All the other kids have changed to admin, Windows 7 would be more efficient on the EEEPC due to the new quick launch.

Associate
Ahh ok , so once he's paid "X" amount of money he gets to keep his laptop ?

Should be fine then :)

Setting up an Admin account is easy once you've got a clean install.

Soldato
Boot from CD/DVD and nuke the hard drive then install Windows. Backup the data first and hope you have the program disks.

I think it remains property of the School (or LEA) until fully paid for so you may not actually be allowed to do this.

Soldato
Yeah that's what I was thinking but well it's his laptop, the schools giving away EEE PC 904s. He pays £5 a month for it so it's basically his. All the other kids have changed to admin, Windows 7 would be more efficient on the EEEPC due to the new quick launch.

My school gave each 6th form student the EEE 701's for free ;) Don't work most of the time though :D

Soldato
I'm suprised my city can fund 1 at all. Why don't they work? I'm going to boot from USB like bledd said and install 7. If they complain they can put xp back on worth a try.

My school spent the money they 'd received to build a new school building towards the laptops. They don't work because people aren't familiar with the Xandros that comes with them and end up messing up the network settings so can't connect to the internet and also the technicians at school have changed the routers so many times we're always having problems :eek:

Soldato
You deliberately bypassed bios and windows passwords to install software they don't want on the laptop. I hope they crucify you, this is a ridiculous thing to do.

With an OS of suspect origins?

Associate
lmao Nate no disrespect but what are you expecting them too say......you've probably earned your brother a suspension lol.

And did you check before you wiped it if he had too profiles one for "This Computer" and another for a domain or network?

And off topic to Jon thanks for the info the other night i have 12 x Noctua P12's on the way for monday which should suit my rads and mcube fine :)

Back
Top Bottom