Freeview retuning - problems?

Soldato
Done it earlier today and i've lost a few channels.

It's not finding Channel 4, Five, ITV1 and ITV 2. It picked them up fine before.

Soldato
I've got all the channels I was expecting here (and a few more as I haven't retuned in ages so hadn't picked up a couple). Only issue I see is that ITV2+1 is being labelled as just ITV for some reason on both my Samsung LCDs (it's definitely ITV2+1 and I have the other ITV's as well).

I don't see how not retuning is going to help if the things are being retuned at the broadcast end. If you have lost channels then it may well be that you are picking up via a relay site which doesn't broadcast all the muxes ... but not retuning's not going to get the channels back ...

Soldato
ah this would appear to have brought back all the channels i lost a few months back. in april/may sometime i lost all itv/channel4 junk and have tried re-tuning several times since with no joy. but today it's all back again. i can rejoice with the tele-visual pleasure that is itv3 once more. :rolleyes:

oh and i've got five as well - this is a channel i've never had on digital. it's like xmas has come early. :o

Soldato
Iv just done a re-scan in media centre, looks ok, although bbc is showing up as bbc west midlands, and i live in wales? shouldnt it be bbc wales, thats what i selected.

Soldato
our bbc channels had been broke for the last few weeks. no signal at all for them. retuned and retuned but couldnt get them back

retuned today after the messages too and now get them all at full signal. film four is working for maybe the first time ever too

Soldato
Have a few blank channels appearing in media center now, though that may be due to the movement of channels and the guide not removing the old ones.

Soldato
Done it earlier today and i've lost a few channels.

It's not finding Channel 4, Five, ITV1 and ITV 2. It picked them up fine before.

Update on my earlier post.

Switched my TV on this morning and it's automatically found all the missing channels. :)

Everythings working as normal.

Soldato
I tried first thing on the 30th and found 6 digital services :rolleyes:

Tried again and in the evening and found 101 digital services, include some new random ones that will never watch.

ITV and Five work for me as well but another person up the road lost them

Associate
only thing i have noticed so far is my itv2 +1 has moved, and all itv channels are listed as itv1

its lies i tell you

Associate
My two Sony TVs picked up 101 channels no problem but my Samsung upstairs would only find about 56 - wouldn't find BBC1,2 ITV1 etc. Did a factory reset and it found 80 odd.

I will bring it downstairs later and see if it is as signal strength problem.

Back
Top Bottom