OcUK Photo Comp - Season Eight : Round Ten - "Energy" DISCUSSION

Man of Honour
OcUK Photo Comp - Season Eight : Round Ten - "Energy" DISCUSSION

Theme: Energy

Chosen by: Mark A

Closing date: Midnight Saturday October 31st 2009

Please post all discussion for the current competition in this thread and keep entries in the ENTRIES thread.
DO NOT post any entries in this thread!

Judges: A.N.Other, Growse and Ichabod Crane.

This competition is open to everyone.

OcUK Photo competition results site http://ocukphotocomp.growse.com/

RULES
-----

Rules must be followed. Failure to follow one or more rules will result in disqualification for the current round.

* One image per entrant (may be a montage consisting of two or more photos).
* If a montage is entered, all photos in the image will be judged on their relevance to each other as well as the theme.
* Photos must be posted in or linked to this thread for consideration.
* Photos must be of a reasonable size.
* Photos must be submitted in the .jpg file format.
* Photos must have been taken on or after October 1st, 2009. Invalid EXIF dates must be declared.
* Photos that have been commented on previously by any of the judges, will not be considered.
* Photos must be available for viewing in this thread until the competition winner has been announced.
* Photos must be your own work unless posting on behalf of someone else. If this is the case it should be stated in your post.

* Photographers must post their make and model unless it is provided in the EXIF Information.
* Photographers retain full copyright to their entries, so you must contact them before using their entries.

* The winner of each round will choose the theme for the next round.

* The Judges may not discuss or submit their interpretation of the theme until the competition winner has been announced.
* The Judges will not reveal individual scores, however some judges may provide a critique after the competition has ended.
* The Judges may or may not notify disqualified photographers before the deadline.
* In the event of the scores being tied for first place the judges will decide among themselves on whom the winner is.
* The Judges decisions are final.

* Minimum Bribe Level: Canon EOS-1Ds Mk III

RECOMMENDATIONS
---------------

Recommendations are optional.

A '+' sign next to the recommendation means you will gain marks.
A '-' sign next to the recommendation means you will lose marks.
A '/' sign next to the recommentation means your score will not be affected.

Each of the 3 judges will give you a score out of 30 as follows:-

* Technical ( 1 - 10 )

+ Use of Photoshop or Image Editing programs to enhance your photo (Including borders).
+ Correct use of Lighting/Saturation/Contrast/Exposure.
+ Correct use of DOF (Depth of Field).
+ Appreciation for Rule of Thirds, Golden Mean and other photographic rules.

- Overuse or misuse of Photoshop or other Image Editing programs (Including borders)
- Bad Lighting/Saturation/Contrast/Exposure.
- Blurred photos due to incorrect DOF (Depth of Field) or camera shake.
- Unintentionally slanted photos.

/ EXIF Info is recommended for digital photographers.
/ Camera Settings are recommended for film photographers.

* Theme Relevance ( 1 - 10 )

+ Good interpretation of the theme
+ Originality

/ Your photograph should represent the theme without further commentary.

* Impact ( 1 - 10 )

+ WOW Factor!
+ Overall ambience of the photo.

All past competition Entry, Discussion & Results threads can be found in the PV Archive. Select "From the - beginning" in the Display Options at the bottom of the page to view all Competition threads.

Soldato
Nice open theme. Good choice Mark.

I expect the first entry we'll see will be within about 47 seconds and will be a macro of some batteries :p

:eek: How did you know what I was going to post!!!! :p

Had a few thoughts already, literal intepretation would be say a wind farm on the hills....or perhaps long exposures with people / objects moving / light trails. Just need to see what suits me best I think......guess Phate could get another shoot with a stripper spinning round a pole ;)

Soldato
Going to make an effort to post a picture for this one, since getting my Nikon D40 haven't entered a round yet :(

Good theme though and broad range of possibilities, will have to think about this as well

Soldato
Glad you guys are happy with the theme, my mind went blank when i realised i had to pick one. I just realised today after seeing all the leaves changing colour that I could have picked a theme around that, but never mind.

Soldato
I also have an idea for a pic involving windmills :o, albeit a few of them on a wind farm. I have a feeling we could be seeing a few similar entries :D.

I was going to enter this for the lulz:

3975141679_e9fb32baaf_o.jpg

Associate
Thought i'd pop my head in a look at entries for this months comp and glad i did as that's a fantastic image MartinTurner.... Really love it and think you've nailed the post processing.

off to check out your flickr now :D

Back
Top Bottom